Xenosaga 1 - can't start new game.
Hello I am trying to run xenosaga 1, but can't get a new game started. I get the opening screen to ask to continue or start new game, but when I start new game, all I get is this:[Image: Screenshot%202014-07-26%2019.09.36.png]

Music is running and inventory screen will even come up, but it skips intro......it is obviously confused. Smile

My Rig:
i5 - 3.4gh
8gb ram
win 7 - 64bit
nvidia 660ti (2gb on board)

Here are my settings:
rounding ee/vu chop/chop
clamping ee/vu normal/normal
no speed hacks

GSD10 directx11(hardware)
resolution: native
Texture filtering checked.

And I am too much of a noob to know what other info you need!

Thanks for the help! I saw an old post with the same problem, but I think the guy was pirating so his question was never answered.. HERE

Thanks for the help I own all three Xenosagas but have only finished 1 and half of 2, I want to go back and play them and hopefully finish!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

try pressing f9
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Create an iso image of the game using imgburn, then run it directly with PCSX2.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-27-2014, 01:26 AM)Bositman Wrote: Create an iso image of the game using imgburn, then run it directly with PCSX2.

crap, I forgot that Xenosaga was dual layer
Thanks for the quick replies!
f9 didn't work. And I am running from an Iso. Sad

So should I try it from the disk? I haven't tried that yet. hmmm...
try using the latest beta drivers for your 660 ti
I haven't tried running directly from the disk. Do you think that would help? And how do you even run from the disk? I can't figure out how to do that.

And I have the newest nvidia drivers. Ok I switched to the gighetz cdvd and set the drive letter but still working on it.

Ok successfully ran game from disk but still had the same problem. grrr....
(07-27-2014, 01:26 AM)Bositman Wrote: Create an iso image of the game using imgburn, then run it directly with PCSX2.

Are you sure you tried this? It is highly recommended to use imgburn to create the image. Especially for DL-DVD's. Then bind it directly into pcsx2 using the topmenu entry "CDVD"->"ISO" (tickbox and selection).

gigaherz' plugin doesnt support DL-DVD's. Linuziso doesnt support disc's at all. So no way to use directly DL-DVD's without porblems.
(07-27-2014, 01:30 AM)jrknox1977 Wrote: Thanks for the quick replies!
f9 didn't work. And I am running from an Iso. Sad

So should I try it from the disk? I haven't tried that yet. hmmm...

Bad iso rip then, burn the iso from the original game disk with imgburn dual layer disc give some plugins issues, there where some ps2 that had issues reading dual layer disc too it why Xeno 2 and 3 dont use dual layer discs and has 2 disc instead of 1
AWESOME Thanks guys! I reburned using dvdfab and it is now working!!
Thanks tsunami2311!