Xenosaga 1 issue
I am having an issue where the game stops being playable after hitting a certain point where I am just starting to move around Cathedral Station. The two pics are the points right before it becomes unplayable, then right after. What's weird is I can still move around and even use the menu, but I can't interact with anything, leave the area, or leave the menu if I open it. I've tried switching plugins, discs, and every other combination I can think of. Nobody else on here seems to have the same issue so I can't figure out what is going on. Playing with the original disc or an image seems to make no difference.

I'm using the latest plugins with no speedhacks or game fixes. ZeroGS has yet to work for any games I've tried. I'm gonna try turning off my overclocking and see what that does, but since it probably won't do anything, I'm posting this first. Biggrin

I had another issue before with Xenosaga 1 where after I left the one colony that Commander Cherenkov gets attacked on, the game would do the short ship fly away cutscene, then for some reason play the fmv that plays at the very beginning when you start a new game. Got around that problem by running off of disc 2, don't know why or how that works.

On a side note, the game has been playable on all 3 discs, do the discs only have unique fmvs?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(06-30-2010, 03:52 AM)ZeroGman Wrote: I am having an issue where the game stops being playable after hitting a certain point where I am just starting to move around Cathedral Station. The two pics are the points right before it becomes unplayable, then right after. What's weird is I can still move around and even use the menu, but I can't interact with anything, leave the area, or leave the menu if I open it. I've tried switching plugins, discs, and every other combination I can think of. Nobody else on here seems to have the same issue so I can't figure out what is going on. Playing with the original disc or an image seems to make no difference.

I'm using the latest plugins with no speedhacks or game fixes. ZeroGS has yet to work for any games I've tried. I'm gonna try turning off my overclocking and see what that does, but since it probably won't do anything, I'm posting this first. Biggrin

I had another issue before with Xenosaga 1 where after I left the one colony that Commander Cherenkov gets attacked on, the game would do the short ship fly away cutscene, then for some reason play the fmv that plays at the very beginning when you start a new game. Got around that problem by running off of disc 2, don't know why or how that works.

On a side note, the game has been playable on all 3 discs, do the discs only have unique fmvs?
It seems you have a non standard ISO and yet less standard discs, you may get no support from this forum for that issue.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Sheesh, I own the game, but use the isos because the CDVD plugin doens't work nearly as well as the ISO ones... Had to get it on ebay since the gamestops nearby didn't have it.

Do you have anything constructive to add?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-30-2010, 05:03 AM)ZeroGman Wrote: Sheesh, I own the game, but use the isos because the CDVD plugin doens't work nearly as well as the ISO ones... Had to get it on ebay since the gamestops nearby didn't have it.

Do you have anything constructive to add?

It was a constructive answer, the isos you are using are non standard, non normal behavior should be expected, there is nothing else to get/conclude from your information to help understand the problem.

Actually you answered yourself, nobody else had this issue.

Maybe someone with the same setup and who got the same issue and solved it can help, good luck.

PS: Use imgburn to make yourself a good unique ISO and the issue is gone, I just don't know if you could use your former saves, if not so, try conversion with ps2save-builder + MyMC utils.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Eh, I'll give imgburn a shot then. I may have to start over, but 13 hours isn't that much, especially since I can skip all of the FMVs and actually know where I'll be going. My biggest complaint in the game is that sometimes they don't do a good job of explaining where you should be going. I guess I've been playing too much of the Tales series where they give you a Synopsis journal for almost every step of the way.
(06-30-2010, 05:03 AM)ZeroGman Wrote: Do you have anything constructive to add?

As a matter of fact Xenosaga ep I only comes in a dual-layer DVD format so you got your 3 "original discs" from somewhere not so original.

Don't expect any more help for this game in this forums.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64