Xenosaga Episode 1 Black square box on cutscenes
(09-12-2012, 06:53 PM)Bositman Wrote: Tried checking 'native' in GSdx? I finished the game back in the 0.9.6 days, and always got some extremely distorted output, so this is quite an improvement actually Tongue

i bet he even didnt tried out my options to begin with -,-

Sponsored links

I think you guys simply forgot about this bug;P, I remember it was always like that and unless it was fixed recently it probably still is, it exist only at this dream scene through which is short anyways;].

This glitch in native will simply make whole screen black, but the rectangle get's smaller with higher upscale. I remember someone wrote some workaround with saving right before the scene starts then fast reloading after restart or something, but I simply ran it at x5 or x6 internal res where it's much less visible.
except... i really didn't have the black square :|.

it was more what Bositman experienced, the sometimes ghosted images (which can be somewhat resolved with the hw offset hacks or skipdraw)
Then maybe it's ATI limitation once again? =_=;
I for sure had this glitch around previous stable and 0.9.9 and while searching the forums back when having this bug I saw at least 1-2 much older threads about it. I typically try all hacks before searching forums, soo quite sure it wasn't affected by anything, the strange thing it isn't affected by upscalling either. Hence the workaround to use high upscale to make it smaller. Anyway, 1 cutscene ~ nothing to cry about.

Edit: Or maybe not, that person seems to had Nvidia when describing that very same problem.;P
(09-12-2012, 07:03 PM)warWeeny Wrote: i bet he even didnt tried out my options to begin with -,-

Sorry for such late reply, i already tested using your settings yesterday before i went to bed. i was too sleepy and forgot to post a reply. I apologize if you thought that i ignored you and didn't read your post. anyway, it seems that it doesn't have difference though. i am getting the same black screen with audio playing in the background.

(09-13-2012, 01:23 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Then maybe it's ATI limitation once again? =_=;
I for sure had this glitch around previous stable and 0.9.9 and while searching the forums back when having this bug I saw at least 1-2 much older threads about it. I typically try all hacks before searching forums, soo quite sure it wasn't affected by anything, the strange thing it isn't affected by upscalling either. Hence the workaround to use high upscale to make it smaller. Anyway, 1 cutscene ~ nothing to cry about.

Edit: Or maybe not, that person seems to had Nvidia when describing that very same problem.;P

i am using hardware mode and it displays the cutscene but using software cause a black screen. I'm not sure if it's only 1 cutscene though i remember i got this twice already whenever Shion went to sleep and the girl keeps appearing in her dreams. Well it's ok since it's not a game breaking bug or anything.
Intel i5 3470 3.20Ghz, HD 7850 2GB, 8GB RAM, Z77, 1TB HDD
Can you upload your compressed memory card with a save game in this spot please?
(09-13-2012, 12:14 PM)rama Wrote: Can you upload your compressed memory card with a save game in this spot please?

Well here you go

Load Save data at slot 1 then go north and cross the metal bridge then proceed north until you find a door and go inside and climb the ladder, after that head west go out the door and head west till you find a elevator. After using the elevator head north to the bridge and talk to the Captain of the ship (the dude who wears a red cap) select yes.

there's 3 cutscenes here you can skip 2 of them to reach the girl who appear in Shion dreams. this is where i am having problems.

.rar   Mcd001.rar (Size: 303,31 KB / Downloads: 143)
Thanks. This sure is a weird issue.
(09-13-2012, 03:19 PM)rama Wrote: Thanks. This sure is a weird issue.

That's good to hear that i am not the only one having this problem. And just to let you know i did some test on my brother computer. and it's having the same issue too.
hmm going ot a friend this evening he has the game, il download the memorycard too and see what i can do Smile