Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xenosaga Episode 1 game crashes to memory card selection or disk selection
Question 
Huh I don't really know if anyone else has experienced this issue or has a fix for it, but basically what is happening after you finish fighting the first boss in the encephalon after the fmvs stop running. Once you run to use the save point back behind where Kos-Mos is sleeping once you try and use the save point pcsx2 crashes to the selection of either memory cards with a selection to run the disc. Select either of the 3 and it just goes to the ps2 bios browser. Is there a fix for this? Or am i more or less stuck at an impass? I've search the forums but haven't had much success in finding a fix. I've attached a screenshot of what happens after trying to use the save point. I hope that it helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Known issue, unfixable. Read here for more info and some workarounds (mainly using save states until you get to a working save point):
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...aga-I-NTSC
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok got it save states, one question though if anyone knows is it at least possible once you beat the game to save and have clear game data to use in xenosaga episode 2?
Yes, it's possible.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Most save points works fine, just do what was already said, use the save state before trying one for the first time. If it works it will work always, if it doesn't it doesn't always.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-28-2010, 12:36 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: If it works it will work always, if it doesn't it doesn't always.

Not true, it seems to change after some events.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
That I didn't know, never is too late to learn, thanks Shadow Lady Smile

PS: one more reason to savestate before using any save point... now even to retry those I didn't before because they sent me to BIOS every time I attempted them, at some point I just avoided them at all.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I've been noticing the same problem. Glad to finally find out the reason why. Thanks guys =)