Xenosaga Episode 3 question
Is it as hard to run as the previous games in the series? I haven't bought it yet, I have both the other ones and I've been playing them on my actual PS2 because I can't run the first one at full speed, though I can run the second one full speed.

The reason I'm asking is because I prefer to play on my big screen, as the PS2 and other consoles are cut off on my TV, while using it as a PC monitor cuts nothing off. Strange, I know. And if this isn't a valid question to ask, then please lock the thread.

Just know I do have every intention of buying Episode 3. If I downloaded it, I wouldn't have the full set to show off Tongue2

EDIT:

Forgot to mention my sepcs, sorry!

AMD Phenom X4 3.2 ghz, Nvidia 9800gt (Spare GPU, my fancy dual GPU card died), 8GB RAM

Sponsored links

Your system is just to old it might be time for something far newer. The phenom x4 is just one steup above the althon 64 x2 series so yeah its time for a whole new system
Tony is it a Phenom 1 or 2? I think it's a Phenom 2 (Since Phenom 1 didn't reached the 3 Ghz marker) and Topken his system is strong enough atleast on native, I could play Xenosaga Ep. 1 to 3 around 40-55 fps (I know it's not 100%, but it was fast enough for me that I didn't was annoyed) with my old Dual Core. Even my current system can run all those 3 with ease.
Sorry, I forgot to put down that it's a Phenom 2 quad core.

And I really can't afford a new system right now. This one was a Christmas present, hehe.
You'll have to play it at native or maybe 720p but that's about all you'll get out of that system.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Game runs best in DX11
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Native is fine, even on native it still looks better than on my 19 inch crappy CRT that cuts the picture off. And my big TV cuts the picture off when not being used as a computer monitor anyway, so yeah.
(05-13-2013, 12:47 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Tony is it a Phenom 1 or 2? I think it's a Phenom 2 (Since Phenom 1 didn't reached the 3 Ghz marker) and Topken his system is strong enough atleast on native, I could play Xenosaga Ep. 1 to 3 around 40-55 fps (I know it's not 100%, but it was fast enough for me that I didn't was annoyed) with my old Dual Core. Even my current system can run all those 3 with ease.

The processor has nothing to do with enhancing the resolution. And 3 bogs down when you bring up the save screen and such. But the gameplay runs full speed (or nearly).