Xenosaga Episode III Sound Issue.
Wink 
Heya folks,

I'm using PCSX2 now for about 1 week and totally love to use it, now I have some issues with Xenosaga Episode III (Dunno if this is the right place to put it, but if it isn't I'll hear it from ya ofcourse) But I've got the game run just great the only disadvantage which I got is that the sound is interrupted. Sometimes it runs just great. I'm using PCSX 0.9.6. From this site. And I only updated GFX Plugin (GSDx build 1846 ver. 0.1.15). I'm using SPU2-X 1.1 Sound plugin since that will give me the least performance issues or stuttering. Now since I'm using an USB Speaker set (Logitech Z-Cinéma 2.1) and probably that may be the issue since well USB Speakers uses more resources. But if I could find a way to remove the interruption of the sound/music that would be swell.

Settings on PCSX2:

Graphics: GSDx build 1846 (Ver. 0.1.15), DX10 Hardware, Allow 8-bit stencil, Native Internal Res, Aspect Ratio 4:3

Sound: SPU2-X Ver. 1.1.0, Interpolation: 0, Module XAudio 2, Latency 750ms, Disabled fuctions: Effects Processing, Time-Stretching, Audio Expansion

CPU: Frame Limiting Normal, Multi-Threading On, EERec On, VU0Rec & VU1Rec On.

Speedhacks: none used. Default Cycle Rate.

Advanced: Clamp Modes EE Recs & VU Recs None, Flush to Zero EE Recs & VU Recs On.

My PC Specs are:
Motherboard+CPU: Asus M2N SLI Deluxe + AMD Athlon 64 6000+ x2 @ Std Clocks (3.0 Ghz)
Memory: OCZ 2048 MByte DDR2 900 Mhz @ 800 Mhz
GFX: Asus Radeon EAH2600XT DDR3 256 MByte PCI-Ex. ATI Catalyst 9.10 (Core 840 Mhz, Mem 735 Mhz(Std Clocks 800/700))
DirectX: DX9/10/11 Updated.
Sound: Onboard: Analog Devices AD1988B (Disabled) USB: Logitech Z-Cinema 2.1 (Enabled)

Sponsored links

If you don't get full speed sound cracks and slowdowns will be there...also the SPU2-X you're using has lots of bugs with xenosaga games (wrong volume and reverb) than the latest release of it. So your problem is actually getting better speeds with the game which won't be easy with that processor.
I suggest using the latest 1888 beta for some speed boost and fixes
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-22-2009, 10:39 PM)Bositman Wrote: If you don't get full speed sound cracks and slowdowns will be there...also the SPU2-X you're using has lots of bugs with xenosaga games (wrong volume and reverb) than the latest release of it. So your problem is actually getting better speeds with the game which won't be easy with that processor.
I suggest using the latest 1888 beta for some speed boost and fixes

No No I don't have any FPS issues. it's steadily around 40-45 fps. the game runs just fine, though only the sound is interrupting with a window of about 3 to 5 seconds. 1 to 2 seconds silence then again. So far the only game I got to work without any issues was FFX Smile Also using that betá is there also a binary version of it? Since I totally suck at compiling or even at programming languages heh.

Btw i'm waiting for my money for my upgrade and that's gonna be this:

GFX: Asus Radeon HD 5850 1024 MByte DDR5 PCI-Ex
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition 3.00 GHz, 3600 MHz, 2 MB, 6 MB, Boxed
Motherboard: Asus M4A78-E Socket AM2+
Memory: OCZ Memory DDR2 Reaper HPC 4 GByte PC8500 1066 MHz

Will that be sufficient to run most games? Smile thanks in advance!!
There is even an installer in a sticky on this forum or at the site's download page.
40-45 fps is not full speed and it will cause sound problems. It could be due to dvd access, try making an iso of the game if you haven't already and run that
I'm using an iso already. I tried mounting it into Daemon Tools, but the emulator doesn't like that too much. Getting more issues then without Smile

I know that 60 fps is 100%, but when I play f.e. another game on the PC 40-45 is just fine, without any sound issues, but ofcourse it's an emulator so that works different. Atleast that's my thought of it. Can u perhaps link me to the binary (installer) of 1888?? Smile Thanks in advance.
http://pcsx2.net/files/21377 (if you need any other cdvd plugins you can just copy/paste the dll from the plugins dir of 0.9.6 to the beta)
There is no point mounting the ISO since the Linuz ISO plugin can read them directly
I'm glad that u're helping me. Heh I got this program through a friend of mine and I'm still new Smile Thanks for the advice and patience!! I truely hope that I notice atleast some performance. I'll try to let u folks know if it truely helps out.
well it still skips the sound sometimes, but way lesser now. And it runs way better aswell Smile No FPS profit, but still it feels more stable and faster. Thnx for the tip Bosit ^^
Well, you disabled timestretching in the spu2-x options. Now whenever you don't get a full 60fps,
the sound buffers empty out and you get silence until they're refilled.
Try enabling soundtouch again, and set the latency to something more sane, like 200ms.
(11-23-2009, 03:48 PM)rama Wrote: Well, you disabled timestretching in the spu2-x options. Now whenever you don't get a full 60fps,
the sound buffers empty out and you get silence until they're refilled.
Try enabling soundtouch again, and set the latency to something more sane, like 200ms.

if I try that then the skipping is even worse Smile I've tried already quite some options and currently with the latency @ 750ms I've got the least distortion/skipping. The game is still running decently imo, though soundtouch u mean timestretching?? Smile