Xenosaga I , r1888 and memory overflow
Tried the save anywhere patch but it will still trigger the same error. Sad Also used the linuz ISO cdvd 0.9 plugin.

Sponsored links

Uhm well now that you have the memcard save you should be able to try with the stable PCSX2 0.9.6 or as Koji mentioned enabling the microvu and disabling speedhacks (this ones should really matter tho), you still havent said at what point on the game this is to see if it's posible to reproduce btw.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Oh, I meant that I wasn't able to save yet when the error occurred. But I was able to now, I noticed that when I pressed select + O more that once the error occurs but it functions normally if I press it only once. Laugh And, I'm back in business! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Oh, the error occurred when it was time to depart for Miltia after stopping over for repairs at the dock abandoned by the military during the Miltian Conflict. After the captain tells (who his name was) to depart then at the FMV the error pops up.
Oh but it works now? good Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yey! Thank You VERY MUCH!!!!! Laugh
There are only a few spots on the Woglinde that you can't save, so weird code break
r1888 doesn`t work at all with xenosaga 1 for me.
When i start a new game there is no Rendervideo. I just get a blank screen with the radar on the right hand side.
It does work just fine with the lastest stable beta from the main page though.
I`ve tried running exactly the same plugins with r1888 like the working 0.9.6 version from the main site but it doesn`t help.
Am i the only one getting this?

Edit: I could fix it myself. If anyone else has this problem this is how it`s solved.
Don`t launch the game as ISO but launch through: open DVD.
I'm getting something similiar to this too in R1888, after the very first battle in the beginning of the game, it will go back to a black screen with the radar and i can turn the character around(you can see the arrow spinning on the radar, no actual character on the screen) and it will just sit there. I get no error in the log. So i am at a loss.
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs
I started play on r1888 today and no black screen problem - using iso. I only had problem till now that some of save points reset game which is known problem.

EDIT: Though it seems I do experience occasional freeze - screen stays black. It happen on my r1888 randomly but not too often, after some time of playing like 1-2hours or so. I should try with all hacks off and advanced at full emulation now.
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64

Well seems some of hacks MAYBE caused my freeze as I didn't had it till now when disabled but it was so unpredictable and rare I cannot be 100%. But there is another thing I found, I though first to make new topic but since this also concern game and pcsx2 version of this topic and its solvable(and not big deal) I just put it here as tip. EE round-mode can make game unplayable if set wrong. Not in the way it crash though. I always though "nearest" is most accurate option but if that or "positive" is set in this game, you may for example not able to fully climb a ladder as in screenshots here. Character just stayed and couldn't climb that last steps to get out of ladder. "Negative" and "chop/zero" worked fine. Just a tip...
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64