Hello guys i really need some help here,
so heres the story

I borrowed a xenosaga II dvd from my friend
and played it in pcsx2 1.0 version it was smooth
and was playing very well. Until the time where
I fought a boss and defeated it and after that i only
get black screen where this an error saying
CDVD READ ERROR. I tried everything, maybe it
is like this because the DVD was old already?

So heres my question has anybody cleared this game
using the pcsx2 emulator only? and what version?

Because if somebody did clear this game using pcsx2 emu
then my only choice is to buy a new Xenosaga II DVD.

Thats all and thanks for reading.
[Image: nuracopy.png]

Sponsored links

It's the DVD. Try making an image of it using imgburn see if that helps
[Image: newsig.jpg]
if the dvd is damaged then making an iso of it through imgburn will not work because u will get a corrupted iso. u should buy a new dvd for it

try cleaning the back of the dvd with disinfectant alcohol and try making an image of it

a black screen may also be caused by windows problems
Sometimes you can get a good image, so he should try it. The issue is surely a disc one and not windows, since the CDVD READ ERROR message PCSX2 displayed only shows in these cases
thnx guys but for now i found a solution to my problem

i just use a saved game from gamefaqs which luckily it

isnt that too far from my saved game.

but if the problems still continues well new DVD it is. Smile
[Image: nuracopy.png]
I don't know if you've made it through this game yet. I played it through it's entirety including the optional bosses after you beat the game this past week, by using my original DVDs which are in excellent condition and using pcsx2 version 5460. I don't know if you'll have the same problem that I had though as I'm running Windows 8.

The game worked fine with the default settings up until the final boss of the story (The Patriarch). However, windows will constantly crash it during the second part of the final boss fight which pissed me off to no end. To fix it, I changed the audio plugin to ZeroSPU2 and made sure that PCSX2 was set to run as an administrator. It sounds like crap but it didn't crash and allowed me to finish the game.Biggrin
Hmm got a save before that boss so we could debug it maybe?
Don't feel bad about it. I bought it brand new when it came out but i guess it was a bad burn. The ending movie of the game never finished.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

And ofcourse...lets not forget...

TOOTPASTEHappy

@lazyboo,

check that dvd for scratches or anything... if you find scrates how lil they may be.... consider ...well...

TOOTPASTE Happy

No kiddin here... it realy helps to read an DVD/CD 1 more time to get the data on it...

You take an some toothpaste and an wel... snot-ragg but without the snot Biggrin

And you rub the toothpast from the inner circle to the outer edge on your dvd... in 1 strait line... (NOT CIRCULAR MOVES !!)

And after that rinse it with tepid water...
And finaly pray it repaired the scratches !

That is if the scratches havent carved into the data layer ....Ohmy
just the protective layer!!

good luck,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
(12-01-2012, 10:14 PM)JobeStroud Wrote: Don't feel bad about it. I bought it brand new when it came out but i guess it was a bad burn. The ending movie of the game never finished.
Had that with Tekken Tag Tournament. The press was very cheap manufactured on the CD based Greatest Hits/Platinum editions of PS2 games and the top of the disc (the silver area) was almost floating on the plastic surface of the disc making it impossible to read...

(12-01-2012, 11:29 PM)Metagondria Wrote: And ofcourse...lets not forget...

TOOTPASTEHappy

@lazyboo,

check that dvd for scratches or anything... if you find scrates how lil they may be.... consider ...well...

[align=center]TOOTPASTE Happy

Tootpaste? (German = Deathpaste) better Toothpaste...
Well, not toothpaste but a clean hair shampoo because toothpaste contains minerals that can scratch/harm the surface of the CD.