Xenosaga III - FMV garbage
So, now I am on Xenosaga III...

I searched the forums but didn't find anything. My problem is, that the opening FMV (and probably others) has graphical garbage all over the screen. Only software mode fixes it, but is of course slow. DX9 or DX10 doesn't matter, Speed Hacks neither. The internal resolution, texture filtering or 8-bit textures do not yield better results either.
Screen: [Image: 87hxynhnbxyp.jpg]

Since no one else on this forum had this problem earlier, I assume there is a simple fix?
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU

Sponsored links

It could be the video plugin, try alternating between GSDX and Zerogs. This is intriguing though, I wonder what the fix could possibly be.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
With ZeroGS the glitches become even worse and it is slower. In addition, changing the DVD plugin didn't do anything either.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
No fix, except software mode.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Alright, it just seemd to be the opening sequence.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
set skipdraw=4 and tick "offset hack", there's still a little shiftness around the edge of graphic but basically it is quite fine display.
Confirmed that setting and it actually removes some artifacts in DX10 like wrong shading/lighting on the floor while in the actual gaming, and did not perceive yet what else could be missing, but in that small test it seems a good tradeoff for this game.

Someone actually playing the whole game with this setting can be very helpful reporting the experience and pointing out if something strange happens in the while.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-29-2010, 06:42 PM)AcidRains Wrote: set skipdraw=4 and tick "offset hack", there's still a little shiftness around the edge of graphic but basically it is quite fine display.

By Skipdraw you refer to the "Frames to draw or Frames to skip" setting in the GS options? And where do I find that "offset hack"? I can neither find it under Speed Hacks, GSDX options or GS options.
I didn't have other problems like the one in the start post. Only on one occasion (flashback scene) I had a messed up screen, almost all black. SW mode fixed it partially, the colors were messed (or was that scene intended to be sepia?) and of course it was slow as hell.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Quote:set skipdraw=4 and tick "offset hack", there's still a little shiftness around the edge of graphic but basically it is quite fine display.
Nice I didn't even know about that, will give it a try.

SamSoNight: The extra hacks are visible after you add allowHacks=1 in the GSdx ini file.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-29-2010, 10:47 PM)SamSoNight Wrote:
(07-29-2010, 06:42 PM)AcidRains Wrote: set skipdraw=4 and tick "offset hack", there's still a little shiftness around the edge of graphic but basically it is quite fine display.

By Skipdraw you refer to the "Frames to draw or Frames to skip" setting in the GS options? And where do I find that "offset hack"? I can neither find it under Speed Hacks, GSDX options or GS options.
I didn't have other problems like the one in the start post. Only on one occasion (flashback scene) I had a messed up screen, almost all black. SW mode fixed it partially, the colors were messed (or was that scene intended to be sepia?) and of course it was slow as hell.
Skipdraw, one the easiest way to have access to the appointed hacks in the GS GUI is putting this line on GSdx.ini:
allowhacks=1

But with the warning that abusing these hacks can break things, should be used only in very particular instances and surely not for all and every game.

Edit: sorry I didn't see you already answered it, Bositman.
Imagination is where we are truly real