Xenosaga III
Hello there. I'm thinking of getting Xenosaga III and since I don't own modded PS2 and the game was never released in PAL region, I'm considering to play it on my emulator.

How well do you think it would run on this kind of rig:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz
Nvidia 8800GS
2 Gigs RAM
Vista

Basically I'm looking for steady max FPS without performance drop. If you have any idea what kind of resolution settings would be optimal for this, I would appreciate it.

Sponsored links

From my experience, Xenosaga games require an extremely good computer to run flawlessly. Maybe yours can run it, but probably not at 60 fps all the time.
Yes, 3.6Ghz clock cpu or better will be good enough for this game and play it in directx.10 mode.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
So, you need to overclock your CPU. Tongue
Can you help me config pcsx2 for Xenosaga 3 ?
My spec as follow:
[email protected]
Axle 9800gt
4gb of ram
win xp sp2.

I only got about 15-30fps for xenosaga 3, star ocean, valkyrie silmeria (svn 1190 with gsdx 0.1.7, and even worse with gsdx 1219).
However, I can play P3, P4, with very fast speed all the time (50-80).
This game is better working in directx.10 mode with gsdx.0.1.7/0.1.6 and set native res at gsdx plugin or you can try with latest gsdx plugin, perhaps can be better now.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(06-20-2009, 04:00 AM)Register Wrote: Yes, 3.6Ghz clock cpu or better will be good enough for this game and play it in directx.10 mode.

So you mean the game requires 3.6Ghz dual core? That's quite a requirement.
Indeed Xenosaga games have very high requirements,plus 2 and 3 have some bugs still. You can give it a try,DX10 mode of GSdx is a must. With some speed hacks I believe you will get some decent FPS but don't expect miracles
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well, we'll see. With a bit of tweaking, maybe it'll be playable.

I just got my hands on FFXII IZJS as well. It runs at max speed at 1680x1050 resolution, though I'm still in the very beginning without other party members so I'm expecting huge performance drop around that time.

Btw, about the internal resolution, is it possible that lower resolution can actually slow the game down? Because I've been trying to tweak with different resolutions in different games but usually I cannot see much difference between the largest and the lowest resos. But sometimes it feels that low resos drop my FPS.
No,lower resolutions will either have no change in speed or give you more FPS...no way to lower your FPS by lowering the internal resolution. Except if you're using some speed hacks which can give false FPS meter readings
[Image: newsig.jpg]