Xenosaga Lag in cutscenes
tah i honestly think Xenosaga is one those games no mater the hw you throw at some part just wont run full speed, or I could be wrong and parts of the game need some really beefed up pc on steriods

Then again I have 5 year old i7 920 and even when it was OC to 3.5+ghz the spots the slowed downed with that OC slow down actually the same in the exact same scenes @ defualt speeds And we not talking slow down caused by HDD being to slow we talk flat out it just slow soon as soon is scenee done full speed again. Only thing that ever helped Xenosaga for me was the MTVU hack. but MTVU hack dont aggree with AMD with this game to well.

Then again OP has amd cpu so i sure OC is need one way or another, though i pretty sure at stock speed he beats my cpu in single thread pcsx2 just dont like like amd hw as much as intel, His GPU out right destroys mine so can guarantee the slow down is not the gpu. Its either A super beefy system is needed to run 60fps @ all time no if ands or butt or or just some part of the game never will run full speed do to the stuff the game does

I once tried to play this game on AMD Athlon64 X2 5000+ with 660gtx which only about 320 behind a i7 920 in single thread and i couldnt even get the game run faster then 10 fps under any setting

Im sure i ever get around to update my ring with that i7 4790k ( single thread king according cpubenchmark.net to most game will run perfect and i bet parts of this game would still slow down this only a theory though

Who here as have i7 4790k (devils cannon) cpu and want to tests the game begining to end all scene all attack to see if it run full 60 fps?

Sponsored links

(11-10-2014, 05:16 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Xenosaga is about 8.5GB. Overclock your CPU. You'll need it

Xenosaga Episode I is 7.88 GB

Source: I own it

Tongue2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-10-2014, 10:25 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Xenosaga Episode I is 7.88 GB

Source: I own it

Tongue2

^ and 1 disc unlike 2 and 3 all cause some ps2 had issues reading the dual layer
Yes. Slightly off topic, but when I used to go to buy a used PS2(I've had 5 PS2s, and only 1 was bought new), I always took my Xenosaga disc for testing - I figured if it can read the dual layer, then the laser is fine.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD