Xenosaga episode 1 yet again
I know I already asked about this game a while back however now that there's been so many updates I wanted to ask for everyone best setting again I'm sure much changed and maybe some of you know good settings to speed up the game especially during cutscenes cause sometimes it's hard to follow the story >_> The battle speed is more or less okay most locations are fine too only some slow down significantly but thats bearable. My biggest dillema are cutscenes oh and the shadow 'falling down' from the character I know its fixed by using native resolution but maybe theres a way to make them disappear with non native res? Oh and most vital for me would be the settings in EE/IOP and VUs cause I got no knowledge about those, but maybe someone knows a good speed hack combination as well I'd be grateful for that I'd really want to finish this game finally Tongue I'm using the r3876 pcsx2.
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram

Sponsored links

Make sure you use DX10, it helps a lot. If you don't have Vista/Win7...get it.

Don't overdo it with custom resolution. Especially with your rather weak GPU. Actually, stick with native, if possible.
Make sure do DISable 8-Bit textures, they only help in episode 2 and 3.

As for speed hacks, the recommended ones work good. EE cycle rate might be fine too, though I never used it, because the game was GPU limited for me.

Generally: Xenosaga Episode 1 is still an absolute system killer. The rendered cutscenes and mechs WILL cause slow-down, no matter what you do. Try to deal with it though, because the Xenosaga series is great Smile And don't worry, episode 2 and 3 run MUCH better (and look better Tongue)
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU
Thats too bad =/ Cause most of the story is in those rendered cutscenes and they sometimes get so slow its just unbearable >_< Oh and theres not much difference in speed with native and custom res only the falling/dripping down shadow thingy on non native res is sometimes annoying and any idea about EE/IOP and VUs settings ? I'm sure I could get some fps with proper settings there sometimes it makes miracles with speed.
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
Use frameskip (Shift+F4 in 0.9.7 beta), that should speed up while... well making it less smooth Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Okay O_O Ill try that but im still waiting for some more precise settings in the emulator LaughLaugh btw Suigin Tou <3
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
Well the problem is Xenosaga's cutscenes and the slowest battles are mostly slowed down by the GS thread and other settings than GSdx and frameskip won't really help there. "VU cycle stealing" could but it doesn't help much with that game (causes sync problems and fake fps in some parts to the point of going half speed).

As for the shadow problem, yep only native or software as far as I know Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Like Shadow Lady said, this game is absolutely GS and thus GPU limited, at least in the typical slowdown situations (rendered cutscenes, mech battles). So all the EE and VU settings won't help much if at all. Overclocking your video card, getting a new one, using frame skip etc. are your only options in this case, sorry.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Oh now I understand it =) Thanks for help. oh and my video card is already super overclocked dont think i can get more out of it and I wont see any new pc parts for a looooooong while im saving every pennny just to buy a 1 tb hdd T_T
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
Sorry, maybe you can deal with the slowdown somehow OR wait for a new GSDX revision. The problem with this game MAY be fixed in the future, I hope.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
you can gain a good 10fps by putting both clamping to 'none'.

be aware though there are a few places where you *have* to put it back to normal.