Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Xenosaga performance problem
#1
Hi, i've been using pcsx2 for almost 2 years before i tried playing xenosaga and encountered this problem.

the problem i'm having is exactly the same as this guy in other forum from 5 years ago:

http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=114748

simply said the game is getting slowdown and desynch in cutscenes. i dunno why i have this problem since my laptop always handled it excellently:

http://asia.cnet.com/product/acer-aspire...029969.htm

i have played games like kingdom hearts, kingdom hearts :RE: Chain of Memories, Kingdom hearts 2, Tales of Abyss, even Shadow of The colossus at 90-100% speed at 1280 x 720 resolution, heck i even able to play xenoblade on dolphin with 1.5 x resolution. so i think hardware is not the main issue here. mostly in battles it ran perfectly, but slowdown occur when exploring the spaceship ( right after you get our of the VR training ) and some cutscenes. weirdly the cutscense start lagging when it zoomed in to some character's face.

and one thing i noticed the out of synch cutscene happen after a pre-rendered movie, when it switch back to real time game engine.

i tried googling and tweaking the speedhack even lower the resolution and the problem still persist. i've read some message boards as one i posted above and none is really working for me, and considering they're 2-5 years old.

the pcsx2 i'm using is the stable 1.0.0 (r5350 ). tried using the latest beta version and it lagged even worse.
Reply

Sponsored links

#2
the slowdowns are probably due to your low CPU speed. (2.3 Ghz)
your best bet would be to make sure your laptop 's not running on batteries, windows power plan's set to performance mode, and maybe use throttle stop to get the most of your CPU.
Quote:heck i even able to play xenoblade on dolphin with 1.5 x resolution
different emulators, different systems, different games.
don't compare apples with oranges.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
Reply
#3
Watch out for heat too. Once the heat comes in, the cpu speed dials down a lot.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti



Reply
#4
I have the same problem (except out of synch in movies - they just terribly lag sometimes) on AMD 3.1 GHz, 4Gb ram, HD6930 2Gb (Desktop). And 1.0.0 working better than latest svn revision too.
Reply
#5
Quote:I have the same problem (except out of synch in movies - they just terribly lag sometimes) on AMD 3.1 GHz, 4Gb ram, HD6930 2Gb (Desktop). And 1.0.0 working better than latest svn revision too.

If you need support, please make your own thread as perhaps your solution might be different. You will need to note your hardware specs again. Also be specific as to the model of your AMD cpu.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti



Reply
#6
its your cpu. I have i7 920@ stock which cant do all the cutscenes at full speed under DX11/hw maybe 95% of all the cutscenes are fullspeed, the other 5% either random drop depeding on what is happening or just cant keept 50fps or higher, which results is slowmode sound and other stuff
Reply
#7
(08-15-2013, 08:05 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: its your cpu. I have i7 920@ stock which cant do all the cutscenes at full speed under DX11/hw maybe 95% of all the cutscenes are fullspeed, the other 5% either random drop depeding on what is happening or just cant keept 50fps or higher, which results is slowmode sound and other stuff

i see. so xenosaga is just morbidly demanding game?

Edit: after disabling VU cycle stealing speedhack it runs at 100% / 60 fps most of the time. never knew the solution is so simple.

thanks guys
Reply
#8
Desync is a sure sign of something going more wrong than it should.
It'll either be speedhacks or SPU2-X set to async mixing Wink
Reply
#9
Apolloo has the correct solution. You still need a pretty beefy cpu and video card. Disable all speed hacks and it makes it run so much better.
MOBO - ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU - Intel i7 4790k 4.4GHZ
RAM - 16 Gigs DDR3 2133mhz
HDD - 3 500 Gig SSD 1 3 TB 7200 RPM
GPU - EVGA Nvidia GTX 1070 SC
OS- Windows 10.
Reply
#10
Xenosaga is a really demanding game, that's for sure, I remember when this game started to work on pcsx2, people luckily reached 17 fps xDDDD, I don't remember very well but it was something like that. 2.3 is way too slow for that kind of game, also it's very GPU demanding Tongue
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
OS: Debian Stretch 64bits  Cool
OS: Windows 10 Home 
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)