YA Persona wannabeplayer
I'm trying to play Persona3 and Persona4, but let's just talk about P4 for now. I get 60 fps in small areas such as the Dojima home, but 25 fps in shopping district, 40 fps in junes, 40 fps in long corridors in the dungeon and the hallways in school. I get 10-15 fps during boss fights and 25 fps during any and all battles.

My computer has no graphics card! I have an Intel GMA 3100 that comes with my Dell. Obviously getting a graphics card would solve a lot of problems, but the idea is not to spend money.

I have a Q6600 and 6GB of Ram.

Here are my settings using the latest beta 1059:

People have been saying in some P4 threads that ZeroGS is the preferable graphics plugin, but I don't think it's compatible with my Intel gma.

So I have 3 questions:

1. Are my configurations for pcsx2 ideal? As in are there anything I can do to improve speed? I've tried VU Skip, but it adds an annoying frame lag that's worse than reduced fps. I also tried upping VU stealing hack, but even though they increase stated FPS they do absolutely nothing to actual game speed and adds bad flickering.

2. I'm thinking about overclocking. Would overclocking help me? My thought is that even if my bottleneck is the GPU, throwing more CPU clock at it would still be helpful even if actually having a GPU would be much more efficient. If I can OC from 2.4ghz to 2.8 would that give me significant speed increases?

3. Is it possible for me to overclock at all? Everything I read on overclocking stresses having a good mobo. Well my mobo undoubtedly sucks, Sad The CPUZ result is in the attachment. What are the thoughts of ocers on it? Thanks all.

Sponsored links

(04-27-2009, 02:47 AM)Taler Wrote: I'm trying to play Persona3 and Persona4, but let's just talk about P4 for now. I get 60 fps in small areas such as the Dojima home, but 25 fps in shopping district, 40 fps in junes, 40 fps in long corridors in the dungeon and the hallways in school. I get 10-15 fps during boss fights and 25 fps during any and all battles.

My computer has no graphics card! I have an Intel GMA 3100 that comes with my Dell. Obviously getting a graphics card would solve a lot of problems, but the idea is not to spend money.

I have a Q6600 and 6MB of Ram.

People have been saying in some P4 threads that ZeroGS is the preferable graphics plugin, but I don't think it's compatible with my Intel gma.

So I have 3 questions:

1. Are my configurations for pcsx2 ideal? As in are there anything I can do to improve speed? I've tried VU Skip, but it adds an annoying frame lag that's worse than reduced fps. I also tried upping VU stealing hack, but even though they increase stated FPS they do absolutely nothing to actual game speed and adds bad flickering.

2. I'm thinking about overclocking. Would overclocking help me? My thought is that even if my bottleneck is the GPU, throwing more CPU clock at it would still be helpful even if actually having a GPU would be much more efficient. If I can OC from 2.4ghz to 2.8 would that give me significant speed increases?

3. Is it possible for me to overclock at all? Everything I read on overclocking stresses having a good mobo. Well my mobo undoubtedly sucks, Sad The CPUZ result is in the attachment. What are the thoughts of ocers on it? Thanks all.

Laugh Haha! Woohoo! No, seriously?

Are You still using Intel 586? 6 MB of RAM? No video card? Hmm.. thats weird dude.. How can you even tell your FPS without any visuals.. oh wait! You do have Intel GMA 3100 as your INTERNAL graphics card.

But seriously, I would suggest that you try to spend some cash to upgrade. Specifically you video card. You can try overclocking upto some point. But I won't recommend it. Don't use VU stealing for persona. For me it's a lot slower. You can try the other speedhack though.
Don't wanna spend? Use your PS2. As easy as that.
(04-27-2009, 04:07 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Don't wanna spend? Use your PS2. As easy as that.

Dude, if I wanted to play only on my PS2 I wouldn't be here. Is this forum full of trolls or what.
(04-27-2009, 03:15 AM)adgreat1 Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 02:47 AM)Taler Wrote: I'm trying to play Persona3 and Persona4, but let's just talk about P4 for now. I get 60 fps in small areas such as the Dojima home, but 25 fps in shopping district, 40 fps in junes, 40 fps in long corridors in the dungeon and the hallways in school. I get 10-15 fps during boss fights and 25 fps during any and all battles.

I have a Q6600 and 6MB of Ram.

So I have 3 questions:

Laugh Haha! Woohoo! No, seriously?

Are You still using Intel 586? 6 MB of RAM? No video card? Hmm.. thats weird dude.. How can you even tell your FPS without any visuals.. oh wait! You do have Intel GMA 3100 as your INTERNAL graphics card.

But seriously, I would suggest that you try to spend some cash to upgrade. Specifically you video card. You can try overclocking upto some point. But I won't recommend it. Don't use VU stealing for persona. For me it's a lot slower. You can try the other speedhack though.

Ahh it's a typo. 6GB obviously.

Yes it's not a discrete graphics card. What other speedhack would you recommend? I've posted all my settings... Look at the screenshot.

Anyone know anything about OCing or Persona?
Speed hacks aren't going to help you no matter what you try. You are videocard limited. Thus without a new videocard you're not going to get higher speeds.
What's the verdict on overclocking?
Not gonna help unless you can find a way to overclock an inbuilt videocard which I've never heard of anyone doing.
(04-27-2009, 04:44 AM)Taler Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 04:07 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Don't wanna spend? Use your PS2. As easy as that.

Dude, if I wanted to play only on my PS2 I wouldn't be here. Is this forum full of trolls or what.

Go and search what a troll means, then come back crying me a bit more.

It's the truth, if you don't wanna spend, that's how it is, because your integrated card is limiting you, there's no other way to play fullspeed but buying a new graphics card, AND overclocking. Only overclocking the processor won't do it, because you're way limited by your GPU.

And if your MB sucks, I would stay away from overclocking, unless you wan't to blow the hell out of it.
Disable the Frameskip settings, disable all hacks for now (heck, you best delete the pcsx2.ini Tongue2 ).
Go back to GSdx and set it to DX9 software mode. Select 2 render threads.
Then try how that runs.
if your mobo from branded one (Dell) i think that mobo doesnt support overclock features but you can still to look at bios mobo if those features already there. OC software program from third party if any is not recommanded way to overclock cpu and not safety.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.