Yet Another Support Thread
Hey, guys.

Alright, first off, apologies as I'm sure this has been asked many times.
I did search through, and I'm fairly sure it's a consensus, I'm just making double sure Tongue

I have a Pentium 4 3.2 with an X850XT.
This is a dead-low-end machine for PCSX2, I know.
Regardless, I'd like to know what I should expect in terms of framerate and perhaps what I can do to improve it.

My real question, though, is whether PCSX2 runs well on Quad or i7. I saw that they are supported, but the buzz has been that the emulator works even less well on those than on single core.
So, I'd just like to dissolve that fear before I go off to upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Wow were did you read that an i7 will perform slower than a single core???
An i7 is the fastest processor for PCSX2 at the moment. Ofcourse a really high overclocked dual core will outperform it at this time,but still if we ever get PCSX2 to use more than 2 cores,i7 will dominate even at lower clock speeds
For your P4,your best bet would be using speed hacks,but on slow/demanding games not much you can do I'm afraid
[Image: newsig.jpg]
A few youtube videos instructing on configuration mentioned PCSX2 performs poorly on Quad, not i7 specifically, I was just confirming Tongue
I'll rephrase then, does Quad perform well under the two 2-core restriction?

I thought as much regarding the P4.
I'll have to see what I can squeeze out of it in the meantime.

Thanks!
No exception and imagination on low-end rig. Guys gotta purchase PCSX2 capable PC. Go check PCSX2 on Google Code for Recommended System Requirements. Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz and 8600GT for now. But for the graphic cards on these days you could buy at least, I recommend 9500GT which stands the lineage of 8600GT.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
Quote:A few youtube videos instructing on configuration mentioned PCSX2 performs poorly on Quad, not i7 specifically, I was just confirming Tongue
I'll rephrase then, does Quad perform well under the two 2-core restriction?
Quad are behaving as two-cores by now. Unfortunately, Quads are not that easily overclocking like two-cores, CPU frequency is crucial to PCSX2. cuz They didn't possess benefit from overclocking.

Of my vague memory, there's 17% more efficiency of core i7 compare to Core2 Duo. i7 can overclock at 3.8Ghz but a temperature at 80 degrees centigrade that is alarming.

My E7200 can also clock at 3.8 GHz but with temperature less than 50 degrees centigrade while playing pcsx2.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
I have had a Q6600 and an i7. both of which out performed dual cores. Although i dont see how a single core could out perform a dual core Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

people who comment on youtube dont know jack lol sometimes what they say is so stupid theres no real answer to reply to such stupidity
I can highly recommend my quad core for PCSX2 Laugh
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Once you overtake dual cores, raw clock speed is what matters most.
Thanks for the input, guys!