You guys should all work for Sony!
By the looks of things they're hiring people to finally work on a PS2 emulator for the PS3.

I honestly don't know why they haven't just come here to start advertising. Many people here probably know more about the PS2's inner workings than current Sony employees do.

Only two days left until applications close though. More information can be found here! http://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/vacancy...eer&page=1

Sponsored links

what's funny though, is they want people who have made games.

Required Skills:
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
•Proficient in C/C++ programming, and experienced working with assembly code (3+ years)
•PS2 platform experience: Have worked on one or more PS2 titles.
•Some familiarity with MIPS assembler.
•Knowledge of PS2 subsystems such as IOP, VU, VIF. (2+ years)
•Good ability to communicate results from debugging, verbally and in writing.
Preferred Skills:
•PS3 development experience: Worked on one or more PS3 titles.
•Experience developing under Linux/Unix environment.
•Experience developing on multiple PS2 subsystems.
•Interest in video games and/or emulators. --this should be #1 in my opinion
Yeah you're the third person telling us, thanks for the info we are aware of the job position Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Let me put it this way. If we all worked for sony PCSX2 would cease as a project.

Still want us to all work for sony? Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-14-2012, 12:58 PM)refraction Wrote: Let me put it this way. If we all worked for sony PCSX2 would cease as a project.

im happy with the emu as it is now, so go for it! ;D
You are all worthy it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
The requirements are pretty high. I wonder how many employees they employ annually.

They failed to emulate the PS2 on the PS3 long ago, but now they want to recruit PS2 emulator programmers? The PS3 lifetime is coming to an end. There's no doubt the emulator they're making is for the PS4.
(11-14-2012, 12:58 PM)refraction Wrote: Let me put it this way. If we all worked for sony PCSX2 would cease as a project.

Wait... PCSX2 is still an ongoing project?!?! I thought you guys stopped work yeeeears ago. Blush

I'm only kidding. Biggrin

You guys do seem to be slowing down though and PCSX2 does appear to be at a more than acceptable level. So getting a day job or changing job couldn't do that much harm? I'm sure many of the developers here are already in full-time employment or doing full-time study. Taking an opportunity like this couldn't hurt that much? Besides, when you're done working for Sony you'll be able to bring all their secrets back and be able to turn PCSX2 into absolute pure epicness, even purer than it currently is. I do guess Sony would be a little suss and you'd have to sign a lot of forms most likely preventing that though... But still!!

It's true issue of them wanting actual game developers is a pretty big barrier. But I really don't see why that should be so important. Surely that requirements just there to weed out the people who've been programming toasters or other non specific stuff that has no bearing on what they want people for.
(11-15-2012, 12:59 AM)SenpaiHappy Wrote: Besides, when you're done working for Sony you'll be able to bring all their secrets back and be able to turn PCSX2 into absolute pure epicness, even purer than it currently is.

Nice idea in concept, however when you sign a contract with sony, you agree to cease all work on PCSX2, which i would presume is indefinite. Sony don't want their secrets being shared ever.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-15-2012, 12:20 PM)refraction Wrote: Nice idea in concept, however when you sign a contract with sony, you agree to cease all work on PCSX2, which i would presume is indefinite. Sony don't want their secrets being shared ever.

then get a different nick name xD