Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
You think the PCSX2 emulator will come near perfection such as Xebra/ePSXe?
I know near perfection may not be the word to use but what I mean by near perfection is will the emulator be more stable and able to run 99.9 % of games with minor issue that can be fully playable with no crashes, no fps lost, no sound cracking/popping such as how the Xebra/ePSXe can easily run the games near perfection with little to no issue. You think PCSX2 will able to achieve that goal possibly in a few years or so down the road? Why or why not?

Sponsored links

(09-08-2011, 10:24 PM)naughtydog2k3 Wrote: such as how the Xebra/ePSXe can easily run the games near perfection with little to no issue

over exaggerate much

(09-08-2011, 10:26 PM)Memory Card Wrote: over exaggerate much

Anyways..would love to hear from others opinion on what they think.
@memcard : I wonder when you were useful for the last time...

@OP : The devs tend to make the emu more and more accurate. Considering PC hardware evolves trhough time too, fps problem will be solved eventually.
Then what would prevent this emu from being near perfect ? Wink
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
Is there a possiblity, that the emulator will work better with lower hardwares?

EDIT: I mean most of the newer ps2 games work better than the older ones, even if they have higher graphichs etc...

examlple: While persona 3 works perfectly on my pc, I'm still having troubles with digital devil saga.
(09-08-2011, 10:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: @memcard : I wonder when you were useful for the last time...

@OP : The devs tend to make the emu more and more accurate. Considering PC hardware evolves trhough time too, fps problem will be solved eventually.
Then what would prevent this emu from being near perfect ? Wink

Well, I am just really curious since I know emulating the PS2 hardware is not so easy say compare to GC/Wii. Reason for that is due to the Emotion Engine that is more complex to emulate I suppose. Maybe why I am curious if the guys working on the emulator could ever possibly achieve near perfection or close to it compare to the old emulators so just wondering if that could ever be possible is all Smile
(09-08-2011, 11:01 PM)naughtydog2k3 Wrote: Well, I am just really curious since I know emulating the PS2 hardware is not so easy say compare to GC/Wii. Reason for that is due to the Emotion Engine that is more complex to emulate I suppose. Maybe why I am curious if the guys working on the emulator could ever possibly achieve near perfection or close to it compare to the old emulators so just wondering if that could ever be possible is all Smile

If your talking about Cycle Accurate/Low Level Emulation, then maybe in 10 years.
I also wonder this, like on my P4 3.00 Ghz, 40 FPS is about standard for FFX gameplay wise, opening cutscene, 30, battle, 35-40. I wonder if someday, even on this old machine (specs in siggy) it will be able to play PS2 like ePSXe, fast, and no FPS drops, well, maybe 1 FPS, but it's virtually un-noticable. Tongue

I doubt it, but maybe as it advances, it will be able to on old, single core CPUs, with horrible gfx cards. Tongue

What do others think?
(09-08-2011, 10:24 PM)naughtydog2k3 Wrote: I know near perfection may not be the word to use but what I mean by near perfection is will the emulator be more stable and able to run 99.9 % of games with minor issue that can be fully playable with no crashes, no fps lost, no sound cracking/popping such as how the Xebra/ePSXe can easily run the games near perfection with little to no issue. You think PCSX2 will able to achieve that goal possibly in a few years or so down the road? Why or why not?

the psx is a lot simpler of an architecture than the ps2.
99.9% of games running near-perfectly is pretty high, i don't think even psx emulators even have that compatibility.

we probably won't get to that compatibility with pcsx2, but we will probably get to 95%+ games playable at some point.

(09-08-2011, 11:28 PM)snappy c g Wrote: I also wonder this, like on my P4 3.00 Ghz, 40 FPS is about standard for FFX gameplay wise, opening cutscene, 30, battle, 35-40. I wonder if someday, even on this old machine (specs in siggy) it will be able to play PS2 like ePSXe, fast, and no FPS drops, well, maybe 1 FPS, but it's virtually un-noticable. Tongue

with future speedhacks maybe.
but a single-cored p4 is not powerful enough for full ps2 emulation without speedhacks.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(09-08-2011, 11:50 PM)cottonvibes Wrote: the psx is a lot simpler of an architecture than the ps2.
99.9% of games running near-perfectly is pretty high, i don't think even psx emulators even have that compatibility.

The Most Accurate Psx Emulator is Psx v1.13 (http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/), does a much better Job then epsxe and pcsx1, the Author of the Project is Rumoured to be working on a Competing PS2 Emulator, but He hasn't talked in years.