ZZOGL?
I am currently trying to play the Lord fo the Rings games for ps2 on pscx2. I am currently try "The Two Towers". I am able to watch the cinematic pretty fluidly and the starting language select screen is fine, but when i enter gameplay i see a series of 10 pixel thicik green verticle lines. I have seen this in other games on the forums, and i read that zzogl can sometimes fix this problem, but I have yet to figure out how to compile and download a new working version. I have also read that a version of GSDX has a hack called CRC that fixes the same problem. I activated the cheats for GSDX but cannot find this option. Can someone help me out here? I prefer to use GSDX just because it fluidly got me to gameplay, and then had a minor bug, and the only version of ZZOGL i tried didn't even load starting screens without major visual errors.

Sponsored links

i know im a bit new to this kinda stuff, but what the hell is ZZOGL anyways? =P
Yes, lemons can be batteries. Ninja
Did you try with the GSdx included in thw PCSX2 0.9.8 release? Did you get the same problem?
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php
(05-20-2011, 01:33 AM)SilverHawkBR Wrote: i know im a bit new to this kinda stuff, but what the hell is ZZOGL anyways? =P

It's an OpenGL plugin based on ZeroGS:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ZZogl-Zer...OSMOS-fork
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yea, I was using that originally, actually re downloaded just to be sure. Not seeing the CRC option I would like, and ZZOGL doesnt work very well.
In that case, can you post the CRC for your game?
When you boot the game look for a few lines that read like this in the console/program log window and post them here:

ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_205.78;1) Game CRC = 0xC818BEC2, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_205.78;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_512.52;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_512.52;1) Game CRC = 0xDC43F2B8, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_512.52;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
Alright, that one is definitely not included in GSdx, I'll add it next update.