ZZOGL and Frame Skipping
Question 
Hi everybody,

Thank you for the development under Linux.

I would like to optimize the slowness of PCSX2 under Linux. On my laptop, PCSX2 is working fine under Windows, but is too slow under Linux. So I would like to activate "Frame Skipping". But here is my problem: if I activate it, the screen is beginning to flicker, and the view hangs on. Do you have the same problem?

Thanks!

CCox

Sponsored links

This is a game dependant issue. Some games render Hud and Geometry in alternating frames.
OK. I tested it on Final Fantasy 12 and Dragon Quest 8, and apparently both have this problem...

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,
CCox
Probably increasing/reducing the frames to skip/draw
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hi,

I tried with other games, and with other settings, but anyways I find no way to make "Frame Skipping" works... It hangs anytime I tested it. Is there a Linux user which succeeded in using this settings with any game?

Thanks,
CCox
Try it in the BIOS, however I just tried it in windows and it also hags while ZeroGS doesn't. GSdx in Linux works fine with it at least in my VM tho Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hi,

I tried the same parameters in Windows, and it seems to work. So clearly the problem is from the Linux side...

Thx
Unfortunately, we do not have free time for the moment to improve Linux. On my side, I want to work on shader&opengl. With luck it will fix your issue, but do not expect it soon.
Excellent! If you want me to test something, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
CCox