Important! For Windows users! You need cg.dll and cgGL.dll files from Nvidia CG-Toolkit!
. This files should be put in pcsx2 main directory. I was able to run ZZogl on windows by simply installing this package: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_download.html
As I resolve my first list of bugs, I am ready to release. Latest svn could be obtained from:
(as always, use svn co [url] [directory name]).
1) What is ZZOgl? It is project to completely redone ZeroGS openGL, to keep it in more maintainable and readable state. Right now there is only one Linux plugin and we could not use GSDX one, so it's highly unacceptable, that we use such old version as 0.96.7. And it's almost impossible to fix code by easy small patches, as I do sometimes.
2) Why don't use old name? ZeroFrog ask me to use another name to separate projects:
Quote:I actually have my own plans for zerogs ogl once i return to the pcsx2 project, so to keep our work separate, you should really start your own plugin (which i'm looking forward to!!). feel free to copy everything.
3) How much code would be redone? Most function of targets.cpp, zerogs.cpp, GSmain.cpp, regs.cpp, Mem.cpp, ix.86 should be redone and rearranged. I follow some sort of code standards, which disallow to have a long functions (although, my "long" function is much bigger than Linus Torwalds one, Linux standards recommend that function could be seen at 80*25 text console). You could think as 50% of code would be redone.
4) Is it Linux only plugin? Most of the time no. I hope that it would be compilable and runnable on Windows, as original one do. But! I could missing some headers, so maybe some help would be nice
5) Bugs that was fixed. From original (non PG version):
a) Antialliasing modes x8 and x16 was added, switching (F6) was fixed, and double-image at AA modes was fixing. This patch was also added in PG version.
b) Bilinear filtering is now fixed. Look at Disgaea at 1280*1024 resolution! AA 16x + bilinear is the most needed thing for it. First two with off release, and third -- from ZZogl.
In P3 bilinear caused several glitches on text and shadow (look on floor).
c) Fix SMT:Nocturne, DDS1 and DDS2 image weirdness. It was a couple of troubles, there was no implicit "bug", only code was screwed by itself.
d) Fix image reversal trouble. I don't remember other game, that was affected, except Ethernal Poison, which became unplayable from around r546.
e) Lesser (0.5%) speedup.
f) FFX missing textures
g) GOW become more or less playable (with 16 bit textures):
6) Bug', planned to fix:
b) Half screen issues with Baldurs gates and SW:Force unleashed
c) Redone all parts of the code and made a proper comments.
d) Gust games background issue (fixed by Gust fix)
e) Draw Kick's slowdown in Okage and some other games.
7) Bug repporting. I would be happy to obtain any bug report. But! if there is ZeroGS and ZZogl same bug, better state it.