Zeonic Front: Unresolved Issues
Hi, I'm trying to play Zeonic Front, but I'm encountering trouble that makes the game play less enjoyable and almost impossible in some instances.
There is another thread where someone has encountered the same issues as me, though it did not seem to be resolved as of yet. It is located here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Zeonic-front-help

Now, what I am seeing is that during cinematic (movie) moments the screen seems just a tad bit twitchy. The transition screen during which would usually display images or notes about the game play do not load properly and appear like this (example screenshot): http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9944/1q0BsI.png

And during the game play, some graphics do not appear to load such as some (but not all) mobile suits. This is annoying when it is your own mobile suits, but even more so when it happens to enemies you are simply unable to see because of this problem. Here's an example where you can see Zaku II's are invisible with their weapons floating in the air where they stand, while some allied Zaku I's appear to the right fully visible. http://imageshack.com/a/img921/8042/7dibgl.png

The ISO of the game I am using is not downloaded, but one I made myself from my own copy of this game. As such, it is an entirely different copy from the one used by the other person in the other Zeonic Front trouble thread I linked above.

It could be that limitations of the PC myself (and the other person from the thread Linked above) are the reason for these problems, but I'm not convinced that is the case. Has anyone else successfully played this game on the PCSX2 emulator without the same problems? Can anyone who perhaps has not tried it see if they experience the same issues?

I have tried a little troubleshooting on my own, and while I would appreciate some suggestions, at the same time, I would rather hear from others who have either solved this problem, or experienced a similar issue on a different game. It would also interest me to know if anyone has played this game on PCSX2 without any of these issues.

Thank you in advance, if it helps at all I'll post the specs of the PC I'm attempting to play this game on below.

===============================

Brand: Alienware
Series: Alirenware M14x
Item Model Number: AM14XR2-6111BK
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Processor Brand: Intel Core I5
Hard Drive Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM
Screen Size: 14 inches
Screen Resolution: 1366_x_768
Processor: 2.5 GHz i5-3210M
Ram: 8 GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 500 gb
Graphics Coprocessor: 2 GB DDR5 NVDIA GeForceGT 650M

Using PCSX2 version 1.4.0 // Default Settings.

(Yes, I realize a over priced Alienware laptop isn't the best rig for playing the PS2 emulator on, but it's what I've got and I've played many games on it already with very few issues.)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Right, sorry I should have included that in my original post.

PCSX2 version: 1.4.0

Default settings.
I was having the exact same problem. Stumbled onto your thread and found the solution.
Registered just to share.
I switched from Hardware rendering to the software rendering and my Zaku appeared.

It also fixed the loading screen glitching as well.

Hope it works for you as well.
(03-25-2016, 10:02 PM)RX178MK2 Wrote: I was having the exact same problem. Stumbled onto your thread and found the solution.
Registered just to share.
I switched from Hardware rendering to the software rendering and my Zaku appeared.

It also fixed the loading screen glitching as well.

Hope it works for you as well.

RX178MK2, thank you! I haven't had a chance to try this yet but it's something that I haven't tried and if you had the same problem, I am willing to bet this would probably straighten out the issue for me as well.

I actually registered just to post this thread so I appreciate you registering just to answer it for me. From one Gundam fan to another I am grateful for the help. Hope you see this. Happy

[email protected] Send me an email or something if you like. My Mobile Suit circle is too small as it is.
Dunno if you're still trying to get it to run but I just successfully managed to do it by switching my renderer to Direct3D9 (software), restarting the entire emulator, and then using the full boot selection instead of fast. Hope it works out for you too.