Zeonic front help
Trying to play Zeonic front and every time the menu transitions, it lags terribly. Also in-game some of the textures will not be there, for example some mobile suits will be invisible except for the weapon.

On another note, been trying to get it to work with the mouse. Set everything up but in-game it does not respond to the mouse buttons or movement. I dont know what I did wrong here.

If any of you guys have got zeonic front running good, do tell your config settings. Thanks! I'd also be interested to know your control scheme.

PC specs are:

Manufacturer Custom build
Processor AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory 8192MB RAM
Hard Drive 500 GB
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III Formula Socket AM3 AMD 790FX + SB750 Chipset Dual-Channel DDR3
Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Video Card ATI HD 4870 1GB GDDR5

Sponsored links

ok for the texture missing problem try this :

untick / tick "enable 8bit texture" in GSDX ( Config , Video plugin settings )

try DX11(10) render as well

try the DX11(10) SOFTWARE ( slow )

speed problem :

tick the box "native" in GSDX

enable all "recommended" speed hacks in Config < emulation settings < speed hacks

play abit with the VU and EE sliders ( on your own risk may ruin the game but also may make it faster )
Regarding that:
-enabling the 8bit textures did not solve the texture problem
-my graphics card is not DX11 capable
-im already running on native in GSDX
-I have enabled speedhacks, performance unchanged

To make this clear, the game itself does not run slowly, its just when the menu's transitions into a new screen, it is EXTREMELY slow. Im talking about I can see the new frame sliding in from the right and the sound gets distorted.

Ill try that bit regarding the sliders.
It sure isn't dx11 capable, but it does support dx10 and in terms of GSdx that's exactly SAME code. If you're already using dx10, dx11 wouldn't help:].

Anyway as I understand you have 2 bugs.

Lag during screen transitions is caused by some GS bug that leaves all sorts of trash on the screen and spams GS thread with it, that would lag on pretty much any CPU, customized skipdraw could possibly help unless it needs more serious fix(it generally looks like texture cache doesn't clear when it should - ? small edit here: with a bit of test as long as the game graphics were already cached even skipping all textures didn't fix the slowdown, so it probably do need a cache fix;c), for sure it cannot be fixed by any option from gui couse having the game I just tried. Speedhacks doesn't really affect GS slowdown and slider ones in fact slow this game down. One way or another you'll have to live with that untill it gets fixed.

For your missing textures I don't have such bug, does it happen in specific place or on the beginning of the game as well? It doesn't really matter which DX version I run it doesn't have any missing graphics in the first mission and I tried quite a few things that could mess the graphics just to reproduce this, most likely your ISO is corrupted. If you used any other program, use Imgburn to dump the iso again and it probably get fixed, most popular programs fail doing so and even if the game still works, it has missing stuff, crashes, loads stuff in incorrect places etc. it seems to be the case here.
IVe played through the First mission with the texture not missing. When I went back to it, it was missing the textures, weird. The textures were also missing during the tutorial as well. I believe I used magicdisk to mount the iso since it wouldnt work with daemon tools. So I suppose ill have to live with the crappy screen transitions >.>

Thats a real deal breaker for me. Damn was really looking forward to playing this game again.
(05-07-2013, 08:02 AM)billng Wrote: IVe played through the First mission with the texture not missing. When I went back to it, it was missing the textures, weird. The textures were also missing during the tutorial as well. I believe I used magicdisk to mount the iso since it wouldnt work with daemon tools. So I supposed ill have to live with the crappy screen transitions >.>

Thats a real deal breaker for me. Damn was really looking forward to playing this game again.

why u mount the iso.just Go to CDVD tab in pcsx2 select iso-iso browser-
u'r game's iso image-Boot cdvd/fast & play !!
or if u not done it yet delete u'r current iso image u playing with.recreate iso image from u'r Game DVD with imgburn>> This software- www.imgburn.com
don't worry it's totally free !!
Slowdown during screen transitions happens almost for sure by texture cache. It doesn't affect software mode in any way. I have very similar cpu and this game runs at max speed in software on it so if you don't care about the res you can use it. You might also just switch to software only during those screens by pressing F9 and then get back to hardware by pressing it again.
Thanks for the tip, ill be sure to try it out later. Also any idea on how to get the mouse working on this game? I enabled it in lilypad and set up the buttons but it doesnt seem to work.
mouse can work if u know which buttons preset for camera movement in that game.
For Example-if in u'r game x camera movement is set to right analog stick,then u can set right analog stick to mouse buttons.
Hope this help !!
No, I've already set up the mouse as I have said but it does not respond ingame.