ZeroGS KOSMOS confusion!
I need some help configuring the zeroGS KOSMOS plugin... or any of the plugins other than Gsdx

my system is an intel core2 quad @ 2.502 GHz, 8 gigs RAM, and an integrated video card (nothing high-end) and sound card...

uhh, I need help, everytime I run or execute it simply "stops working"

It says somthing about -device doesn't support alpha blending for 16-bit floating point targets. Quality will reduce. (the last thing it says...)

What's going on??!! will GStaris possibly work, I actually came here looking for a better plugin...

Sponsored links

GStaris wont even load on the current PCSX2 0.9.6 release, curious tho why anything other than GSdx? what is the integrated video card? have you updated your DirectX?

ZeroGS is pretty much forward just select it and run it with default options and it should do, if it doesnt well something else is wrong what game are you trying to run?

edit: "device doesn't support alpha blending for 16-bit floating point targets. Quality will reduce." <-- oh it may be possible that this integrated wont work at all with PCSX2 :/
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-24-2009, 04:00 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: GStaris wont even load on the current PCSX2 0.9.6 release, curious tho why anything other than GSdx? what is the integrated video card? have you updated your DirectX?

ZeroGS is pretty much forward just select it and run it with default options and it should do, if it doesnt well something else is wrong what game are you trying to run?

edit: "device doesn't support alpha blending for 16-bit floating point targets. Quality will reduce." <-- oh it may be possible that this integrated wont work at all with PCSX2 :/

...Alright, this was the quickest response I've ever received on a forum...

Anyways - I went to the device manager to check it out, the display adapter? is an Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ??? I suppose this is the integrated graphics card - as for sound, that Realtek HD Audio - nothing fancy stuck in the PCI slots withs fans or lights and junk...

I'm running FFXII, the thing is, it runs nice, other than the fact it is just wanting to be crazy right now and quit working right before I remember to save the state... ugh. I've tried the beta - r1888 they just released just for fun, but my problem is with the other one anyway...

I was going to go try GStaris or another plugin (from the emulator-zone.com) and see if that one does better, but it seems that whenever I stray too far from that one set configuration - it just explodes in my face!

just some more info:

My config for Gsdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14 the only one that seems to work very well...

Resolution: [windowed]
Renderer: [Direct3D9 (Software)]
Shader: [Pixel Shader 2.0]
Interlacing: [None]
Aspect Ratio: [Stretch]
D3D internal res [*] Native
SW rend. threads 3
[grey check] NLOOP hack
[check] Texture filtering
[check] Wait vsync
[No] Enable tv-out
[check] Logarithmic Z
[check] Alpha correction (FBA)

FFXII runs at 99 - 100% almost all the time... and I like that, it's just that sometimes it just goes stupid and stops working... I'm not really sure.

Please fill me in on things... like do I necessarily need one of the high-end graphics cards like ATI radeon or NVIDIA GeForce? because I don't know...
Ok when it "stops working" does the pcsx2 console window show anything?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-24-2009, 08:28 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Ok when it "stops working" does the pcsx2 console window show anything?

I'll have a screen capt. cause I can't figure out how to copy the console text...
(10-24-2009, 03:21 PM)Daedalus Wrote:
(10-24-2009, 08:28 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Ok when it "stops working" does the pcsx2 console window show anything?

I'll have a screen capt. cause I can't figure out how to copy the console text...

Okay, I got a screen capt. of the problem when I try to run pcsx2 with zeroGS KOSMOS - the only thing checked in the config. window is the "enable interlacing" switch with f5, there is no anti-aliasing, the screen res. is 800 x 600...

until someone can figure it out... I'll just continue using Gsdx9, because it seems to work well... I guess the only reason I like ZeroGS is for the nice recording option - it's weird, f12 says it records videos... but all I get is a really nice .wav sound recording???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@Daedalus

Well Shadow Lady was right in her final statment the problem is that your graphics card suck,it doesnt have the required functions for rendering a ps2 game.(i know that beacuse after getting my nvidia card i tried the emu on my onboard graphics card,and it did the same as you)
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
That's why I just use the direct3D9 (software) function - so it'll run from my processors instead of my non-existent graphics card... It runs perfectly with the other plugin (99 - 108%) so I don't even know why I'm complaining???

Bored I guess...

Oh well, thanks anyway.

(I just got the latest DirectX sdk... I'm not sure if this will even help???)
Dont think so you can try,and btw the best way to get perfomance if by a good graphics card,software mode is allways slow compared to hardware,and also it requires a better pc
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
I managed to get the software mode to work nice - in fact it's really nice - delivering nearly full speed (still in search of a nice sound plugin though) the software mode runs from the cores and ram so if you have enough of those, you could possibly hold off until a video card becomes available - which is what I'm doing... runs best at software render threads = 3 (4 is too much on the processor and causes glitches)...

Alright... let me get this straight, surely you must mean GHz and not mhz, cause I'm not even sure pcsx2 would even start up if that were the case. I should know cause I ran it on my laptop using the hardware setting... intel celeron (single core) w/ 2 gb ram and integrated intel mobile graphics (approx. 30 -- 68% full speed)

Specs
Intel Core2 Quad 8300 cpu @ 2.502 GHz
8 GB RAM (total physical and virtual memory about 16 gigs w/ paging file...)
(just ordered an) XFX GeForce 9400 GT Video card - 512MB ddr2 - PCI express 2.0
windows vista home premium sp1
1 TB HDD