Zone Of The Enders 2
hi guys, i wanna play zoe on pcsx2 cause my ps2 died a lot of time ago... ive here the dvd but D: my pc cant handle it...
Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06GHZ
Nvidia GeForce 210 1GB RAM DDR3 (-.- bleah)
4GB RAM
im trying all kind of configurations... first resolution... if i put nativa or just 256 x 256 FPS doesnt change... i have problem when i reach boss... in example first meet with anubis UNPLAYABLE... with minion there are no problem... just cause i use frame skip, 1 draw and 2 skip... graphically its ok, you cant see those 2 missing frames but with boss is still very slow... i tryied speed hack turbo mode, nothing work...
what i have to do?
i set GSDX with SSE4 DirectX 10 Hardware (Software = pretty same performance, why?)
other suggestions? i used few hours ago a program to check GPU usage, but seems stopped while i play... dunno why... help me guys D: i NEED to play with this game

EDIT: i use PCSX2 0.9.9 (no need installation why?) and latest GSDX 4967 0.1.16

Sponsored links

(11-18-2011, 04:04 AM)Watashi Wrote: cause my ps2 died a lot of time ago
did you managed to get the bios from PS2 before was died??
Quote:Minumum:YES
C2D at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card
Recommended:NO
i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum:NO
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5 OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth

ZOE2 requires a "Maximum" system requirement status....Minumum and Recommended will not help at all.
you need you spend $2000~ just to get the Core-I extreme and gddr5 OC for achieve normal ZOE2's fps.

don't expect miracle configs on your current PC.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
ye zoe 2 is a cpu raper,
tallbender: Please simply assume he did, ok? Smile

Watashi:
Iirc the game draws too many triangles, causing too much DX call overhead.
Try changing the directX level to 9 and play with the 8-bit option.
WTH how its possible? A ps2 game require a super pc? O.o
(11-18-2011, 01:04 PM)Watashi Wrote: WTH how its possible? A ps2 game require a super pc? O.o

Er... Of course...
Do you happen to have any idea of what "emulation" means ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes. A ps2 emulation requires a 3 or 4x times superior PC. Some ultra demanding game such as this require a 5x PC. Maximum as stated by TallBender, is requitred to play this game smoothly.

It is because PS2 Console is more complex and uses the core-components in a different way then a today's PC.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
And help me, why other games run so fast? Bujingai in example, run over fps if i remove limiter XD
You mean disable framelimiter. It is not actually quite helpfull if your PC is struggling. It makes the fps goes to the max possible. BUT Suppose in a 3d fight where your GPU is struggling even when limiter is removed then also fps will be low. Smile

other games may run fast because they are not demanding in nature. They have less CPU / GPU jobs to do and less thing to be rendered a same time.

Newer SVNs don't need installations because its a Binary Package that lets you play anywhere. It keeps the configuration files in pcsx2 folder itself and not in My Documents (just like the Web Installer Does). It is protable to different places. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(11-18-2011, 02:02 PM)Watashi Wrote: And help me, why other games run so fast? Bujingai in example, run over fps if i remove limiter XD

Did you at least read rama's post ? He explained why.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go