Zone of the Enders 2 Crash (PCSX2 has stopped working)
Hello,

I've been doing a playthrough with my copy of ZoE2 on PCSX2 1.2.1, the newest version as of now. I've had no problems besides the slight particle defects that are common when ran in hardware mode - but other than that I've held a solid 60 FPS through the whole game and it's ran real smooth.

However, I've ran into a bit of a problem. I'm towards the end of the game, and I'm in the fight at Aumaans gates, and the game keeps crashing about five minutes into it randomly. I've changed numerous settings I've seen others recommend in other threads, but the same problem keeps occurring.

Now, I'd normally attribute this to performance problems of some kind - but the weird thing is, the program isn't using all of my computers power. At most the RAM was using 3 Gigs out of 8, where the CPU was working at around 60% of its capacity. And of course when I use hardware mode that goes down even further.

[Image: yU9y3N5.jpg]

This is a screenshot of when it crashes (note that I'm in software rendering mode so that I can see the map blips correctly, due to them not functioning in hardware mode - even then I get 40-60 FPS)

Here are some screenshots of my setup. If you need more information, please do ask.

[Image: 0BkkwNA.jpg]

Thank you for your time!

Sponsored links

The most common cause of random crashing is SPU2-X set to XAudio2 mode. Is this the case here?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-26-2014, 11:21 AM)refraction Wrote: The most common cause of random crashing is SPU2-X set to XAudio2 mode. Is this the case here?

Here are my settings, I don't think it's set to XAudio2 mode.

[Image: HrlDFTb.jpg]

EDIT:
Should I try the 1.3.0 revision on GitHub?

I can also upload a save file as well at this level, if that were to help testing.
Could be worth a try i guess Tongue

Edit: Just noticed your RAM usage, it could be worth using the NTCore 4gb patch on the program to allow more memory to be used.

(06-26-2014, 11:52 AM)refraction Wrote: Could be worth a try i guess Tongue

Edit: Just noticed your RAM usage, it could be worth using the NTCore 4gb patch on the program to allow more memory to be used.

[Image: Zkf37r4.jpg]

Same problem with the latest revision. It's a shame, I was having fun too haha.

I'll google it and take a look.
[Image: hRcFCO3.jpg]

Using the NTCore 4GB Patch solved the issue. I managed to complete the mission with no slowdown or crashes.

Thank you for your assistance!
Excellent Smile No problems.