Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
about the xfx nvidia geforce 9600gt 1gb gddr3 pciex x16
so i have a big doubt Tongue,can this gfx card work along a intel dual core e5200 2.5ghz in a 350 watts power supply?Unsure
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]

Sponsored links

Depends about the power supply in question, it needs a 6 pin PCI-E.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
thanks but,what is a 6 pin pci express anyways??
One of [Image: pcie6.jpg] these.

While it's true you can get the adapter shown on the right, there's always the possibility the PSU won't be able to supply the card with the amperage required.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
thanks echosierra,i have a lot of those cables hehe,so watts its not the same as amperage?
hey, i have those 6 pin PCI-E...
here a question, is it worth it to upgrade to 9600gt from my current graphic card?
CPU: AMD FX™-4100 3.6Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX
RAM: Mushkin 4GB DDR3
GPU: AMD RADEON HD6670
@Ajimosan
Nope.

@Diegochiha
Watt = volt * ampere
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot
(12-04-2009, 01:45 PM)diegochiha Wrote: thanks echosierra,i have a lot of those cables hehe,so watts its not the same as amperage?

Watts = Voltage * Amperage, so while they aren't the same they are very closely tied.
Any PSU worth it's salt should provide constant voltage over almost any condition, but problems start when it can't supply the amperage required. So I guess you could say it can't supply enough watts, but I've heard it put like that.

Even though the PSU is rated at 350W, that doesn't mean it can actually supply that much over the 12v rails (the yellow wires) that go into the adapter in the picture. If the supply can only provide X amps to all of them at any one time, and your card requires X+1, you're SOL.

To make it worse, not all PSU's label the total amperage available to the 12v rails; some out-right lie about it. Might luck out and find someone on the interbutts that has done this before with that same PSU, but it's anyone's guess.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
so i will have to test it myself later,and if its working i will have to buy a new psu hehe,thanks again man.

Edit:just another quick question,this card actually requires another that 12v rail??,beacuse my actual gfx card doesnt,maybe beacuse its too old?or what XD
And another thing,i dont know if its important,but it isnt xfx is zotac.
Rails are not the same as connectors.

The pci-e slot provides 75 watts

The 9600gt (G94a) requires 95w maximum, hence this card requires that you connect an auxillary power source (the 6pin connector that was shown above) to supply the remaining wattage.

9600gt (G94b) requires 59w maximum, hence this specific card revision doesnt need the 6 pin connection. Although the 6pin port might still be there, for OCing purposes...
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot