accelerate GSdx
Hello Linux users,

There is a way to accelerate GSdx for Nvidia GPU
1/ Edit GSdx.ini set ogl_texture_storage to 1
2/ Use ./bin/launch_pcsx2_linux.sh or set the env variable "__GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1"

Here some bench from Windows courtesy of Ref

Quote:BG2 - peaks

No MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 309fps
DX11 = 309fps

MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 349fps
DX11 = 340fps

Quote:Gran Turismo 4 Car Select - Peaks

NO MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 104fps
DX11 = 106fps

MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 172fps
DX11 = 171fps

Quote:Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - Start Point Peaks (not particularly GS heavy though)

NO MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 120fps
DX11 = 121fps

MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 155fps
DX11 = 157fps

Quote:Rachet & Clank 1 - OGL makes the graphics look better even without the MIPMAPPING, not perfect, obviously

NO MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 71fps
DX11 = 72fps

MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 69fps (lots of mtgs waits)
DX11 = 90fps

Quote:Need for Speed Most Wanted - Main Menu

NO MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 77fps
DX11 = 78fps

MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 88fps (lots of mtgs waits)
DX11 = 94fps (lots of mtgs waits)

Quote:Grandia III - Outside the first hut (reasonably low gpu load)

NO MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 94fps
DX11 = 94fps

MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 123fps
DX11 = 122fps

Quote:Soul Calibur III (GS load about 50%)

NO MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 96fps
DX11 = 92fps

MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 114fps
DX11 = 112fps

Quote:Killzone - (looks broken but WAY better on OGL Tongue )

NO MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 95fps
DX11 = 86fps

MTVU
OGL+Texture Storage = 131fps
DX11 = 139fps

Sponsored links

ogl_vertex_subdata also to 1? Or it does not matter?
The only game where i'm not seeing a huge increase is Wipeout Fusion. Still get 50% drop in framerate in certain parts.
I didn't put any other settings in my gsdx.ini just the texture storage one and made sure my nvidia control panel had threading optimization on auto.

Ofc these tests were done on Windows
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Option was removed. Lots of dev here, option appears/dissapears at crazy speed Tongue2

Quote: The only game where i'm not seeing a huge increase is Wipeout Fusion. Still get 50% drop in framerate in certain parts.
Did you enable accurate date/blend? Upscaling?

Could you generate me a big gs dump on the bad scene? (ctrl-shift f8, keep ctrl and shift pressed). Then xzip it.
I try to set the option by default on linux. Could you tell me if it works (you don't need to set the env variable anymore).
gregory Wrote:Could you generate me a big gs dump on the bad scene? (ctrl-shift f8, keep ctrl and shift pressed). Then xzip it.

Here you go.

Edit: http://www.filedropper.com/gsdx20150516162538gs
That didn't attach, it's probably too big, youll have to put it on an external host like filedropper.com or something
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

rather impressive are thse gona be carried over to windows for opengl or are they already there. I rarely use OPENGL still cause it still really buggy/broke graphics compared to dx 11
I fix a lot of bug in opengl recently. Sometime gl rendering is even more accurate than dx. I'm sure some bug remains (I didn't test all gsdx options neither all possible rendering of the GS).
If you find a bug in gl that is not present in dx, send me a gs dump I will fix it.
so i post here for opengl issue that arnt there in DX 11? I notice an issue in FFX that is not there in DX11 there are grindlines in the water in FFX intro cutscene that arnt there in DX11, also AF dont work with opengl?

Fiqure out how to make gs dump but attachments here dont work?? it say max 2.48mb of unlimited? anwho upload it with screeshot and gs dump compressed with 7z maybe you can fiqure our why the gsdx shader does nothing too

http://www.filedropper.com/gsdx20150516174852_1