add comments to compatibility list
as many of you probably know, the compatibility list become outdated.
i am personally tried a few games listed as "nothing" and they was at least "in game".

To make the list more useful, please, consider to add the comments to that list, so every registered user could write "with the build № **** and these settings I've managed to run the game" etc....

if you don't have time for website changes, the dedicated forum section would do the trick!
AFAIK, there is a rule not to create topics "i've run the game" in "general discussion" and "bug reports".

there is topic "screens and vids from pcsx2 0.9.6 and never" but:
1) it is hard to find if the needed game in there or not.
2) you delete all discussion from it and all reports about changing of "compatibility status" without screens.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64

Sponsored links

The list is up to date as of version 0.9.6 stable which is what the compatibility list is used for... Stable releases. It's not possible to keep the SVN and beta list up to date because of the constantly changing nature... plus if something works and then breaks between betas during SVN, we have a ton of users coming to the forum begging for a specific SVN release which just further complicates both moderation and in giving good bug reports to the developers.

That said, a new version of the main website is being worked on, and one of the additions is a new compatibility list.
[Image: 2748844.png]
did you test every ps2 game by yourself or use data from users on forums?

and do you think it is ok to have a dozen topics for msg, FF and other popular games(with the 0.9.6 and svn discussion too!), instead of just one per game?

also, you can leave website list for the stable version (who use it now anyway?! everybody advice to use beta, because 0.9.6 is old) and make the forum for the current game compatibility.
(11-29-2009, 10:09 PM)tohdom Wrote: did you test every ps2 game by yourself or use data from users on forums?

and do you think it is ok to have a dozen topics for msg, FF and other popular games(with the 0.9.6 and svn discussion too!), instead of just one per game?

also, you can leave website list for the stable version (who use it now anyway?! everybody advice to use beta, because 0.9.6 is old) and make the forum for the current game compatibility.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-11664.html
This is roughly what you suggested, so if you are interested, you can participate when it is ready.

In my opinion though, the best way to check whether a game works is to try it. It doesn't take much time anyway. Also, people have different machine, so one that has a high end pc will have a different list from a one that has a low end pc. At the end of the day, if one find out the game is not working but listed playable in the "new list", he will just open a thread asking about it. In fact, if people don't read and search, whatever you have out there will be useless.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Whether games are ingame or nothing changes frequently from beta version to beta version. (other changes are less frequent, but those are often very sensitive problems relating to DMAC and cycle counts, and slight tweaks can change their behavior enough to let them boot or not boot). We make changes pretty fast to SVNs, so user comments wouldn't be much more current, and would end up being just that much more wrong data to read through and moderate later on with each new svn update.

We will update the compat list again when 0.9.7 is released.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Moved to Site feedback section.
(11-29-2009, 09:31 PM)tohdom Wrote: there is topic "screens and vids from pcsx2 0.9.6 and never" but:
1) it is hard to find if the needed game in there or not.
2) you delete all discussion from it and all reports about changing of "compatibility status" without screens.

1) there's a "search thread" option in that thread as well as in every thread, just type the game you want and should be able to find it unless it's missplelled ofc Tongue

2) there's a search function on the forums as well, search for your game and you will soon find out if it works or not (unless it's a very unknown game i guess Tongue2) and probably more detailed info than "game is playable" which is what usual posts without screenshots/settings etc says. Besides it's a screenshots/videos thread, how is that not clear? Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
so, with all these opportunities, where can i say "hey guys, 24 the game became ingame!" without any hustle with video recording and screen-posting?
Taking a screenshot and posting it along with your settings should take max 5 minutes. I don't see why we should care for people that lazy.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Shouldn't even take remotely 5 minutes unless you have a horrendously slow internet connection. You press F8 in game and PCSX2 takes a snapshot for you, then you just click "add attachment" when you post. I take and post images here quite frequently and I can tell you it doesn't take any time at all.

Videos are a bit more work... but aren't really necessary.
[Image: 2748844.png]