"arbvp1 not supported." on Ubuntu 11.04
good catch !

optimus doesn t work well on linux ! if I 'm correct the useless gpu is always used but nvidia gpu isn't't powerdown…

Sponsored links

Yes, I'm using chroot to simulate the 32-bit environment, what exactly is the issue here? Is nVidia Optimus not supported for Linux?
thats difficult to answer, officially optimus is only supported with the windows versions of the nvidia and intel display drivers (Windows 7+ only)

There is an unofficial Phoronix hackup that enables optimus on linux, but its got a limited device base.

Nvidia might get some linux support for optimus in the future according to http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTA0ODE

and as usual, the objectionate linux developers just prove why linux is a second rate desktop operating system.
Well there are potentially 2 issues.
1/ Your driver is not correctly installed. You need a 32 bits glx/opengl interfaces too. Note Ubuntu 12.04 (release end of april) will support multiarch. It migh be easier to install the drivers (from ubuntu pacakge) and to test your opengl stack.
2/ Optimus which cause some grabudge. Check that outside of the chroot, nvidia GPU is working fine. I think you can set the nvidia GPU in "always on".
3/ both of the previous ones Wink
chroot for PCSX2, I'd avoid it. There are lib32 or multiarch packages that do just fine out of chroot.

Related to Optimus, Linux does not it well. Almost nothing, actually. While the normal workflow in Windows would be to simple *click* and you have it disabled/enabled, in linux you'll have problems with that. There some solutions around that, like Bumblebee, acpi_call, vga_switcheroo etc., but nothing as simple as in Windows.

Just for example, I have a netbook with hybrid graphics and I managed to disable nividia card with acpi_call in order to save battery. But I always keep it disable. If I want to enable it, I'd need to run acpi_call and reboot to have nvidia enabled and intel-onboard disabled.

More info on Hybrid Graphics, http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com.br
(03-19-2012, 12:35 AM)gregory Wrote: What! Your log is normal , i don't understand your title. can you explain it more clearly . There is a sticky thread with an unofficial build (that i will need to update by the way ), maybe you can try it.
Cant really find anything out about this but looking at x7's log it says set language English U.S. is not supported by the operating system is this normal? Mine also says this. I only have one language installed on my computer and thats the default english u.s.Ii have pcsx2 language set to default as well and its the only option anyways. Also i have the latest version of pcsx2 and it was downloaded from the official site. Thanks hope to hear from ya. Biggrin