are my PC specs reasonably fast?
I have already been in the "Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?" thread, but my emulation knowledge is about zero - and i generally prefer asking to prevent falseassumptions from my side Wink

My Specs are as follows:
AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3GHz) (Does this count as one of the acceptable Athlon X2 processors mentioned in the thread?)
HIS/ATI Radeon HD5770
4GB DDR3 RAM
additional things:
HDD is a 1TB Samsung HD103SI
Motherboard is a Biostar N68S3B
Windows 7 64bit

And i was thinking about games like Gran Turismo 4 or Burnout 3, as i pretty much just played Racing Games on my PS2 back then. But i want to try other things like Final Fantasy series and Kingdom Hearts too.
Is there a hope to play any of these on an enjoyable level?

- thanks in advance c:

Sponsored links

Gran Turismo with that system is a big no no, not sure about Burnout 3, but I thought that game was also on the heavy side. The Minimum requirements to run most games decently is a quadcore @ 3 Ghz, preferably Intel.
Yeah i thought they are quite Graphics- and Physics-Intense so I found i'd better ask.

Maybe I'll go and get a new PC at the ond of the year on a budget of 500€ which will hopefully get me something decent.
... or spend 40 on an actual PS2 Wink
we'll see.

Thank you!
push the athlon to about 3.4 ghz (most likely via fsb on an older board) and you can run most games at full speed. for some reason racing games are very demanding, even on intel builds. hopefully this will save you some money for now.

to add, you have to have a ps2 to legally use pcsx2.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Quote:or spend 40 on an actual PS2

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go