asking clarification about rules to admins
deleted
jesalvein broke my balls, farewell

Sponsored links

No it isn't abuse of power. Before accusing the people who help this project for 'abuse' maybe you should look better at the rules everyone tells you that you're breaking

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: newsig.jpg]
deleted
(04-20-2010, 08:54 PM)CobraSA Wrote: what harm will do links to unofficial snapshots is beyond me

If you post links to unofficial svn/builds (that you get from somewhere only you know eg:moded pcsx2 site or something like that with extra hacks or some crap like that) people will download it (obviously...) and then they will report bugs of a pcsx2 version that is not entirely made by pcsx2 devs. And it can create lost of unecessary threads (eg:bug report threads...) giving unnecessary work to mods and devs...

Really, how many post have you seen saying "Try official 0.9.6 or official pcsx2 BETA"? For some logical reason people say that, and I'm sure it's not only to annoy you Tongue
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
(04-20-2010, 08:54 PM)CobraSA Wrote: what harm will do links to unofficial snapshots is beyond me

Because you are not a software developer.

Just think of it this way.

Suppose you can build a remote control plane by yourself.
Then you created the blueprints that anyone can use.
Then someone took the blueprints and made some modifications on it.
Then he build a plane based on that modified blueprint.
Then some people started using what he built.

Then someone got hit on the head by that plane, and died.

Would you like to be held responsible for the death simply because you designed the original blueprint when it's probably the modification that alters the way the plane should've flown?

Moreover...

Would you like to support people who have problems from using the plane that was built NOT using your blueprint?
Would you like to support people who have problems from using the plane that you never built yourself?

In short, just take it for granted.
And no, no kittens'd die if you're not using the latest SVN build.
But everytime someone asking why he/she can't post links to SVN builds, some of us died a little inside.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Quote:ok my bad, that part doesn't appear in the white skin I use

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: newsig.jpg]
I never see that rules. lol They are hidden. >_>
Most people see the rules from here: http://pcsx2.net/forums.php Maybe here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Announcement-Global-Forum-Rules, but not in that subforum.
SVNs aren't that great either... They have bugs and aren't officially supported. Anyway, you can compile your own, it will be better than one made by an anonymous, and more new.
Athlon x2 240 2.8 GHz / HD5670 512MB / 2 GB RAM DDR2-800 / Windows 7 x64

"Pardoning the bad is injuring the good."
(04-21-2010, 02:08 AM)JOKERX7 Wrote: SVNs aren't that great either... They have bugs and aren't officially supported. Anyway, you can compile your own, it will be better than one made by an anonymous, and more new.

Words of the wise.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
deleted
The svn subject is a touchy one here, mainly for reasons of manageability.
We really don't want to create a climate where everyone uses all kinds of far apart svn revisions of the emulator,
people suggesting to use "special selections" of certain outdated revisions, then reporting errors they get with it.
(SVN revisions are really often unstable, and it's worse when we don't know who built them and with what options.)

We realized there's the problem of actuality, of course.
Especially when we have a lot of progress, but the last beta is long outdated (like it is now).

So there's talk of changing the rules, trying to make it so that certain nightlys are allowed.
Nothing's certain yet though.