audio problem
ok my problem is when ever i run a game i dont get audio but on windows volume control(for pcsx2 it says its outputing audio ) but its not all other programs work and it was working fine

ive tryed reinstalling PCsx2 and my audio drivers but no luck

my computer is
core 2 quad Q6600 @ 3.1
2 GIG ddr2 667 Memory
Geforce 8800 GTX x2 sli config
motherboard asus p5n32 sli Premermen
(audio is on bard SoundMAX (somthing )
all under windows 7 32 build 7500. (OEM build )

pcsx2 was working fine till today
whats the problem ?

Sponsored links

Well if you say it was working fine until today there must have been something you changed so try to remember what it is, other than that did you try changing sound plugins?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
the only thing i changed was i started to use PSx2 Luncher (But it was working when i used that ) all of a sudden it stoped But windows keeps saying its producing sound
...in PsCx2 go to Config -> Configure then in sound drop down list you maybe have 3 plugins, I have ZeroSPU2, P.E.Op.S SPU2 & SPU2-X

In ZeroSPU2 uncheck if checked the Mute box
In P.E.Op.S SPU2 on Volume set different form 0: ...
In SPU2-X in Output Settings set Module to different form 0 - ...

If this is OK, then go to Windows Start -> Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices, then on first tab under Device Volume check if you didn't mute it then click on Advance, see there if you didn't check Master, Wave or any of outputting sliders to Mute
Next go to Audio tab, & see if in Sound Playback is selected your Sound Card if not, select it then give it a try...

...if none of this helps try reinstalling sound card driver, but first remove existing one...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
(08-31-2009, 09:53 AM)rex1825 Wrote: ...in PsCx2 go to Config -> Configure then in sound drop down list you maybe have 3 plugins, I have ZeroSPU2, P.E.Op.S SPU2 & SPU2-X

In ZeroSPU2 uncheck if checked the Mute box
In P.E.Op.S SPU2 on Volume set different form 0: ...
In SPU2-X in Output Settings set Module to different form 0 - ...

If this is OK, then go to Windows Start -> Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices, then on first tab under Device Volume check if you didn't mute it then click on Advance, see there if you didn't check Master, Wave or any of outputting sliders to Mute
Next go to Audio tab, & see if in Sound Playback is selected your Sound Card if not, select it then give it a try...

...if none of this helps try reinstalling sound card driver, but first remove existing one...

Cheers...

iv done this and nothing works (i build COmputers for a living) iv tryd everything i can think of thats why i posted it hear
iv just reinstalled my PC and it still dosnt work for audio output

also iv tryed switching plugins but nothing works
There is a per-application volume setting in Vista: http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/arch...04158.aspx

I can think of nothing else to cause such behavior. In any case it's not anything I can fix on our side, if all three plugins fail to produce sound. It's definitely something with your system or your PCSX2 configuration. I'm just not sure what else on your system could cause it, but I am sure there's something on your system causing it. Wink
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(08-31-2009, 07:37 PM)Air Wrote: There is a per-application volume setting in Vista: http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/arch...04158.aspx

I can think of nothing else to cause such behavior. In any case it's not anything I can fix on our side, if all three plugins fail to produce sound. It's definitely something with your system or your PCSX2 configuration. I'm just not sure what else on your system could cause it, but I am sure there's something on your system causing it. Wink

when i open the volume control (in the bottom right ) it says the pcsx2 volume is down so i put it up fulll and it regisers thats its producing sound but no sound comes threw my spekers

but before yestday it was working fine (ive not changed anything)
all of a sudden it stoped working
i get sound form everything elase like ITUNES

i did A FULL RESINTALL of windows and audio works fine for everything but PCSx2
ive tryed 3 differnt soundcards and nothing
If you're using LilyPad, try disabling its own volume settings stuff and then restart PCSX2 (Assume you have tried pressing the volume up media button already, if your keyboard has one. If not, I'd suggest you try that first).

While I believe LilyPad's volume stuff doesn't work with SPU2-X, I can't see how it could cause the problem you're running into, but worth checking.
(08-31-2009, 09:45 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: If you're using LilyPad, try disabling its own volume settings stuff and then restart PCSX2 (Assume you have tried pressing the volume up media button already, if your keyboard has one. If not, I'd suggest you try that first).

While I believe LilyPad's volume stuff doesn't work with SPU2-X, I can't see how it could cause the problem you're running into, but worth checking.

thanks it works Tongue2 dont know how it became enabled though (once lilypad was setup i left it )