bard's tale now supported?
I've casually ran into this:

https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=5393

does it mean that bard's tale now works? (i got both windows and linux, i just need it to work on one of the two!)

don't tell me something like "try that" because i've lent that to a friend and i would like to know if it works before taking it back.

Sponsored links

compatibility list says that it is playable. But you have to use software-mode to use it.

Depending on you pc-specs it will probably run.
Thank you for your reply willkuer.
Can you help me out to figure if i'll be able to run it? software emulation is cpu/ram dependant, right?

My laptop has the following hardware:

Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz × 8
8 GB ram DDR3
nvidia 540m

my cpu/ram is definitly not that bad.
(10-29-2013, 07:49 PM)alessiolecce Wrote: Thank you for your reply willkuer.
Can you help me out to figure if i'll be able to run it? software emulation is cpu/ram dependant, right?

My laptop has the following hardware:

Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz × 8
8 GB ram DDR3
nvidia 540m

my cpu/ram is definitly not that bad.

as far as emulation goes its is bad, Depending on how demanding that game is I wouldnt expect a whole lot
wow, do i need a server to make that thing run? lol Laugh
Emulation is not the same thing as MADE for PC games, Emulations is 3x harsher. Couple that with that is laptop i7 and it 2.2ghz its not every good for emulations atlest not pcsx2 (ps2) emulation It gona depend heavy on what games are played,

Laptop will wind up throttling cause of heat issue that will happen with pcs2, So i would watch the temperatures on the laptop closely
The main problem is your cpu.

It is not uncommon to put weak cpu's with big names into notebook. The main advantage is lower power consumptions coupled with modern technologies. This i7 is only i7 because it can hyperthread and has a quite decent internal graphic.

A easy way to estimate the power of intel cpu's is to look into the generation (g in i7-gxxx) and the GHz. So that i5-4670K and i7-4770K (g = 4, both ~3.5 - 4Ghz) are the most popular but expensive cpu's at the moment.

As you can see that you have almost half of the GHz, which can not be simply calculated to speed but is still a hint that your cpu is not as powerful as others. Additionally you can not overclock because of the missing heat-management of notebooks.

Also having a server would probably not help much since these were often designed in a way that they have many cores and can therefore handle many threads. Which is not that useful for pcsx2.