best config for my system
alright guys i need a good configuration for the pcsx2 0.9.6. my system specs are as follows:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 2gb ddr2 800
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series 512mb
HDD: 1TB 3.0gbs
Board: ASUS P5QL PRO

what would be ideal for system configurations?

Sponsored links

Hi, there is a reason we have extensive guides, so people don't need to ask this kind of questions.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...tion-guide
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-01-2010, 09:17 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hi, there is a reason we have extensive guides, so people don't need to ask this kind of questions.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...tion-guide

see i tried following that yet the program continues to crash. i've experimented and switched around plugins and settings and so far i haven't found anything that works. i was hoping maybe someone knew whats up with all that noise or maybe i'm doing something very wrong.
Begin with default values, make sure all speed hacks are off. Go first with the internal resolution tweaks until you find the best compromise between visual quality and performance.

Once you achieve it you begin toying with the hacks, begin with those marked as "recommended", play a bit and if it's OK repeat from start. The better compromise will be find so.

Now, That's a generic advise, things aren't always that simple, many games will play gladly with certain configurations where others may stall or even break.

So you can try that tweaking with the minimal possible speed hacks and all those "lighter" will run fine, you may want to enhance it a bit but remember the heaviest will complain and you'll need to return the previous setup.

Resuming: Each game will need different setup to run at the best possible of two worlds, you may find more direct answers if you get a specific issue with specific game.
Imagination is where we are truly real