Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best cpu processor to run the game in full speed ? no lag slow movement issue
current specs of my pc

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/1/2011, 00:17:01
Machine name: MAYITO-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110408-1633)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA785GM-US2H
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X2 240 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 3550MB used, 4636MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode[/quote]

Sponsored links

If you got the money, Intels are usually the best. However, I would wait for AMD Bulldozer line. May finally give Intel serious performance competition for a better price.
Also what GPU do you have?
which game ?
If you want ALL games @ full speed, no actual CPU will be able to handle it.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
well i run budokai 3 and it runs laggy slow, not full speed
and whats the link to this amd bulldozer?
ati radeon hd 4650. game runs slow and sounds bad
You have to google because they aren't released yet. Last I heard is they were delaying it.
bulldozer sucks. Llanos sucks too.

nothing to see there (for pcsx2 performance anyway)
(07-01-2011, 08:53 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: bulldozer sucks. Llanos sucks too.

nothing to see there (for pcsx2 performance anyway)

its an 8 cores CPU how in the hell people going to benefit that ???? Huh
they just give it 1GHz turbo core and they say its the strongest Glare
now IF bulldozer beats Sandy bridge Ivy bridge will crush it Biggrin
Like the others have said, the AMDs don't do so well with PCSX2.
I have my Phenom II at 3.8 GHz, and it still isn't fast enough to do full-speed 100% of the time, in some of my fav PS2 games, like Wild Arms 5 and Dragon Quest 8.

I'd recommend going for the i5-2500k Sandy Bridge CPU if you are looking to buy something this weekend.
I hear lots of good things about it, when it comes to it's raw power with PCSX2.
Heck, I'll be getting one myself (the i5-2500k) on or before next Wednesday. Happy

Be sure to get the Z68 Chipset on the mobo for it, because it supports overclocking, and has some other nice features.
There is one other Socket 1155 chipset that'll let ya overclock that CPU, it's called the P67.

If you google P67 vs H67 vs Z68, you'll get a ton of great info.

And yes, you will need to overclock the i5-2500K for some of the PS2 games.
Witch ones, I'm not sure. Yet. Blush
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
Not just overclock, but use Speedhacks still, too. There are also plenty of the "heaviest" or "most demanding" games that will not even need as much as stock from the 2500K.

Just don't forget: You will not be able to play every game at constant full speed (even those labeled Playable). Not with a Sandy Bridge, nor with a Bulldozer. Even Ivy Bridge will most likely still fall short of that sort of "miracle" that we'd hope to see from the next generation of processors.

AMD's new processors (delayed until August, IIRC) are sure to be impressive. Heck, it'd be a sad to think that their efforts over all this time wouldn't even come close as competition. Personally, I'd estimate they'll still come out about 10% lesser than Intel's Sandy Bridge at the very best (especially for PCSX2).
(07-01-2011, 01:20 PM)JTD Wrote: Like the others have said, the AMDs don't do so well with PCSX2.
I have my Phenom II at 3.8 GHz, and it still isn't fast enough to do full-speed 100% of the time, in some of my fav PS2 games, like Wild Arms 5 and Dragon Quest 8.

I'd recommend going for the i5-2500k Sandy Bridge CPU if you are looking to buy something this weekend.
I hear lots of good things about it, when it comes to it's raw power with PCSX2.
Heck, I'll be getting one myself (the i5-2500k) on or before next Wednesday. Happy

Be sure to get the Z68 Chipset on the mobo for it, because it supports overclocking, and has some other nice features.
There is one other Socket 1155 chipset that'll let ya overclock that CPU, it's called the P67.

If you google P67 vs H67 vs Z68, you'll get a ton of great info.

And yes, you will need to overclock the i5-2500K for some of the PS2 games.
Witch ones, I'm not sure. Yet. Blush

then why have amd processors as listed under recommended?