best for FFXII?
what are the best congifurations to play FF12?

Sponsored links

Your ps2 is the best configBiggrin

Seriously, are you talking about pc specs you need, or pcsx2 config ?
if 2nd case, then give us your pc specs
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i recommend to try out yourself whats the best config for you.

general config should be:
MTGS on,
GFX: GSdx 0.1.14
Sound: ZeroSPU 0.4.6

and about speedhacks:

EE/IOP Synchacks can improve speed but produce less stability and choppy FMVs.
Denormals are Zero also give a huge speedboost, as far i know there aren't any known issues, or?
Text issue when DAZ for VU's are enabled has been fixed recently.
I tried out many betas etc, and i can say for sure
The best for FFXII - 553_PP_pcsx2-vm.exe (beta playground with WORKING vm) its best for Video Sequences in FXII

For video choose - GSdx9 (MSVC15, SSE2) 0.11.4 you can view (F7) and adjust settings anytime in the game by pressing (F4, F5, F6) //// and i didn't find any better dx9 codec yet
1024x768x75Hz, Pixel Shader 3, Interlaning [] NONE (don't need it), 4:3, D3D - don't check the Native [] and it will full 1024x786 quality picture
[v] texture filtering
[v] NLOOP hack

You can set in CPU settings all boxes checked [v] and in right field try [v] Frameskip ..... 60-45-2-0

I use Lillypad ( http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7626/...smpzu5.jpg ), P.E.Op.S CDVD 1.3.0, Zero SPU 0.4.6 (or other sound that works better)

other settings didn't make any differencies .... you can check [v] in speedhack x3 or x2 cycle and [v] IOPx2 if you have less powerfull CPU .... thats all, i guess
(the main point is to use 553_PP_pcsx2-vm for FFXII specially)
Uhz - wasn't that version when Denormals Are Zero still needed to be disabled to see text? If so, he can get faster speed by using a more recent version and enabling DaZ and FtZ.
And I haven't noticed any issues with the video sequences with a VTLB playground version. As long as you don't use ZeroSPU. It has some problems with FFXII that only exist on the VTLB version or something.
(02-10-2009, 02:20 PM)Nneeve Wrote: Uhz - wasn't that version when Denormals Are Zero still needed to be disabled to see text? If so, he can get faster speed by using a more recent version and enabling DaZ and FtZ.
And I haven't noticed any issues with the video sequences with a VTLB playground version. As long as you don't use ZeroSPU. It has some problems with FFXII that only exist on the VTLB version or something.
Yeah.
In VU Recs Option you don't need to check [v] FtZ and DaZ /// but the point is - smoove video sequences with no cracks in sound (you still have cracks in any of three of them .... SPU Pg 1.90 produce stange "plucking" footsteps, so i can't use it ... PeOPS Spu fast, but have some cracks and thread mode not perfect at all, so ZeroSPU2 more preferrable during all gameplay).

I have 40-60 FPS and thats ok