best settings for FFX-2 please?
my computer can handle it but it looks like crap.. i have no idea how to play this to enjoy it to the fullest, this emulator is really the furthest thing from noob friendly...

it looks like this during cutscenes, and the quality is not so great in the gameplay
http://prntscr.com/hg4ho
http://prntscr.com/hg4vf

my specs are:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.30GHz 49 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G75VW (SOCKET 0) 51 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Hard Drives
932GB Hitachi HTS541010A9E680 (SATA)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT51N
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

thanks so much

Sponsored links

hit F9 during the cutscenes, set gsdx extra software rendering threads to 2 or 3 (experiment a bit...)
increase gsdx internal res to native x2, see if native x3 doesn't slow gameplay down too much

enable all recommended speedhacks (especially MTVU hack)

Keep in mind your CPU may be a bit slow, though (especially during cutscenes)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-14-2012, 10:29 PM)darkwraith007 Wrote: You're using a mobile graphics card, meaning you're trying to play this on a laptop; that's what your issue is.
Your CPU is below-spec, that's your next issue.
I find it amusing you posted such a high res for your monitor when you're running things off a very underpowered laptop.

I'd recommend not using your laptop for gaming (outside of some flash games), let alone emulation.
You're better off just buying the game and PS2 itself and using a softmod with memory card to boot import and burned games. You can also try playing the game off the PS2 hard drive. To get all that working is beyond the patience of me typing it out or you reading all of it. Just search the net for it.
how is this possibly a bad laptop? i can play modern day games, like guild wars 2, with max settings, so i don't understand how i could possibly have any issues running this old game and client. i don't understand how to configure the res I tried a general guide and it didn't really work. this is one of the best gaming laptops so i have no idea where you're getting this from.

also i played star ocean till the end of time fine with no lag, i just dont know how ffx-2 is supposed to be configured

(10-14-2012, 10:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: hit F9 during the cutscenes, set gsdx extra software rendering threads to 2 or 3 (experiment a bit...)
increase gsdx internal res to native x2, see if native x3 doesn't slow gameplay down too much

enable all recommended speedhacks (especially MTVU hack)

Keep in mind your CPU may be a bit slow, though (especially during cutscenes)

My native is on 3x, it doesn't slow down gameplay Tongue

I don't know where "software rendering threads" are though. The speed is absolutely fine the quality is just bad. I'll take a short video to see if it could help you help me. thanks so much for your time.
Guild Wars II isn't an emulated game, it's a native PC one.
comparing emulation to PC gaming is just a full nonsense

As I said, 2.3 Ghz may not be enough to render FFX-2 custcenes @ full speed since they are extremely demanding (they are even used to benchmark pcsx2...)
But your Laptop should be enough to play this game @ full speed (except cutscenes) as long as you use latest build, recommended speedhacks, and if you don't push gsdx higher than 2x or 3x native.

Don't pay attention to what darkwraith said, it was his first post...
(10-14-2012, 10:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Guild Wars II isn't an emulated game, it's a native PC one.
comparing emulation to PC gaming is just a full nonsense

As I said, 2.3 Ghz may not be enough to render FFX-2 custcenes @ full speed since they are extremely demanding (they are even used to benchmark pcsx2...)
But your Laptop should be enough to play this game @ full speed (except cutscenes) as long as you use latest build, recommended speedhacks, and if you don't push gsdx higher than 2x or 3x native.

Don't pay attention to what darkwraith said, it was his first post...

I don't really care about the cutscenes anyways. It just bothers me a little that my HP is all fuzzy and stuff in fights.

Also, how do I unbind ESC from exiting my game?
you can't
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1MIYXXbE...e=youtu.be video is processing, ill brb in 2mins getting food

If you've already told me everything that can be done then ill deal with it, thanks a bunch.
only the cutscenes are messed up and must be seen in software mode by pressing F9. when it finishes press F9 to go back to hardware mode again

if u can get normal speed throughout the game then perfect Smile

enjoy the game Smile

btw i recommend u get the 100% completion guide and follow it so u can do everything in the game. there are bonus scenes at the end of the game if u beat it with 100% completion