best setup for tales of the abyss?
Be wary about using speed hacks though. A lot of people have reported errors with the Van tutorial scene. I had the same problem, and I was able to fix it by turning off all of my speed hacks and not using save states. I've also heard that TotA crashes a lot with speed hacks, but I can't go far enough without problems to know.

Sponsored links

So I am bumping this because I am running at about 65% game speed and I want to run a bit faster. Any help would be awesome. Laugh
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

GPU:NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

RAM: 3072mb GDDR2
On a C2D 8400 @ 3000 + G250 : Full speed nearly everywhere with :

PCSX2 b1888,
GSdx 2693 SSE41 : DX 10 Hardware, res native
SPU2-X : Default

Options:
CPU : Default
Speedhacks: None
Advanced: Default

You could try speedhacks 1.5cycle + INTC Sync + IOP x2 cycle + Status Flag Hack without damaging too much the game.
(04-06-2010, 11:32 PM)Petroid Wrote: So I am bumping this because I am running at about 65% game speed and I want to run a bit faster. Any help would be awesome. Laugh

What settings? Tried the latest beta?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I just re-tested the game with beta-1888. I used GSdx 890 Direct3D 10 (SSE4.1) Hardware mode on native. SPU2-X 1.1.0, LilyPad 0.9.9 and Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 No speed-hacks.

The game played great. The opening video ran at 60fps (basically) and a lot of the gameplay ran that fast, as well. Sometimes the fps would bounce around 55-60, and even less often would go into the lower 50s. During the "Training with Van", it was more-or-less the same. With the occasional 45-50fps readings. Battles ran great, with the fps sometimes jumping a little over 60. At no point did this seem to effect the flow of the game. There were VERY minor sound glitches a few times, but voices didn't cut out or slow down. I haven't spotted any graphical glitches, either.

Oh, hey. I was just doubled checking what all settings I had on and noticed that the "Gamefixes" FPU Mul Hack and VU Clip Hack were checked. Maybe that helped...?

EDIT: By "Training with Van", I'm meaning that portion of the game. The worst slowdowns were during a few of the scenes around the actual training.
You shouldn't have any of these fixes on for that game. Also, use the latest SPU2-X 1.4 and the GSdx of the march 11 plugins (you said you used the plugin pack but you still seem to use the old plugins??)

So i guess your issues are fixed already
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-07-2010, 09:35 AM)Bositman Wrote: You shouldn't have any of these fixes on for that game. Also, use the latest SPU2-X 1.4 and the GSdx of the march 11 plugins (you said you used the plugin pack but you still seem to use the old plugins??)

So i guess your issues are fixed already

Yeah, I know those fixes shouldn't be on. They were on from the last time I was trying to get a game to work and I forgot. I failed to turn them off before testing TotA. As far as the "old plugins", I did mess up. Sorry. I use the same icon for my two different folders/versions. I knew that was a bad idea... Initially, I was meaning to use new plugins, upon going back (when posting) to add info on plugins, I didn't even pay attenion to the version # on GSdx or I'd have realized my mistake. I didn't really remember what the other's newest version #'s were. Again, sorry. I will correct it.
Out of curiosity, was a fix for the ghosting on higher than native resolutions ever fixed for ToA?
(04-11-2010, 12:51 AM)Rascyc Wrote: Out of curiosity, was a fix for the ghosting on higher than native resolutions ever fixed for ToA?

no, but the glowing walls in certain places like Sephirots or Yulia City got fixed, also you can play it with AA without any bugs.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.