best version for these games?
Hey all its been a while since iv been on the forums. i have since upgraded my computer and im wondering what the best version of PCSx2 would be for these games.   SOTC,all final fantasy titles,MGS2, Alone in the dark and rough galaxy.   my setup is an i7 7700k,16gbs of 3200mhz ram and a gtx 1080 and i was wondering what sort of performance i can expect running at 4k. thanks

Sponsored links

The latest version is always the best to use and try first and only go back to an older version if you have problems Smile However those games all work well on the latest version.

Just make sure you make use of the OpenGL renderer with some blending accuracy (needs to be on high for SOTC i believe) most games are fine with basic Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-27-2017, 03:28 PM)refraction Wrote: The latest version is always the best to use and try first and only go back to an older version if you have problems Smile However those games all work well on the latest version.

Just make sure you make use of the OpenGL renderer with some blending accuracy (needs to be on high for SOTC i believe) most games are fine with basic Smile

thank you for the reply. when you say latest version. do you mean stable release or the latest development build?
Sorry I meant latest development build, we have a lot of really nice changes since the 1.4.0 release a couple of years ago Smile

(05-27-2017, 04:32 PM)refraction Wrote: Sorry I meant latest development build, we have a lot of really nice changes since the 1.4.0 release a couple of years ago Smile

nw  man i tried a development build ge8f35f0 it was not at the top of the list but it was the latest Dates wise. im getting some performance issues with SOTC slow down in framerate and metal gear solid 2 just freezes a few seconds after the intro seen when i start a new game.. wondering what settings i need to choose to get these games to run properly. or if im using the right build.
With SOTC you can put the VU Cycle Stealing slider up a notch or two, this should improve the speed, although it might introduce some frameskipping also. You could also try the MTVU speedhack, for me it improves speed but for others it makes no difference or slows things down, so give it a try and just see what happens.

As for MGS2, I'm not sure you can do much about that (unless you're playing off disc), so you might have to live with that!

MGS2 is working fine for another user (with the latest dev build) on Github who has another issue. Maybe try resetting all you configuration settings to their defaults?
(05-28-2017, 06:40 PM)CK1 Wrote: MGS2 is working fine for another user (with the latest dev build) on Github who has another issue. Maybe try resetting all you configuration settings to their defaults?

what build though. its not in an order because each build is from a dif user..
Sorry, my point was that the game works fine because another user can run it without crashing. Try running the game off of your original disc. It doesn't matter what build you have or what name you see, as long as it's recent you're good.
(05-28-2017, 06:47 PM)CK1 Wrote: Sorry, my point was that the game works fine because another user can run it without crashing. Try running the game off of your original disc. It doesn't matter what build you have or what name you see, as long as it's recent you're good.

games work and I got metal gear to work by changing the bios. the intro dose not freeze now  but performance wise im getting fps drops in both games. when going any higher then 2x the emulator is not at 100% i wanted to set the resolution scale to custom 3840x2160 which is my native screen. . would i need to overclock my cpu? or is it down to my gpu? or a setting i need to change to get this to work. thanks