.bin Extraction?
I'm not talking about the disc image .bin, I mean a .bin file that contains files. Inside the Dark Cloud iso is a .bin file which makes up the entirety of the files. I would like to modify these files. Any way to extract them?

Sponsored links

that fast I found nothing on google about that. except this thread here. Laugh

I don't think there any tools available. but may I ask what you wanna modify? pure interest
I want to see how the game was structured, and I also want to see all the debug items, and how I can call them with ARMax.
*.bin is a CD-ROM format. no need to extract it just mount that BIN to the Linu-ISO plug-in
if i reply wrongly then what the purpose on extracting the BIN format.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
so you wanna cheat. google cheats. if you skilled at that kinda stuff you could even disasm the elf and go hunt for the entry to the debug menu (if available) and patch it.

I know this' fun. Wink
(08-12-2011, 02:35 PM)tallbender Wrote: *.bin is a CD-ROM format. no need to extract it just mount that BIN to the Linu-ISO plug-in
if i reply wrongly then what the purpose on extracting the BIN format.

*.bin is basicly a binary format. that could be anything. in this case it's mosdef a big virtual archive of smaller game files. the purpose is to get those files - for example model data, textures, sound or scripts - outta the archive to modify them. easy that is explained. Wink