bios in pcsx2
If i m wrong,i m sorry and also sory f bad english.
I have heard from my friends that there is a ps1 emu called VGS which
does not need bios at all.I m just curious that why pcsx2 need this?
again sorry f bad english.Cool

Sponsored links

VGS got sued to death by Sony. I guess that answers your question.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-09-2009, 10:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: VGS got sued to death by Sony. I guess that answers your question.

lol. I think you just got owned xboxflyer =P
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
(07-09-2009, 10:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: VGS got sued to death by Sony. I guess that answers your question.

no,no.that was not my point.after trying google i have already known that vgs got sued to death.but the question was,if VGS does not need bios then
why pcsx2 need this? Both of them are PC software.Is there a special coding?
or To make emu that does not require bios, is illegal?(VGS won in court)
or ps1 configuration lets developer to do that while ps2 conf is somewhat else
that does not let them to do that.

again sorry f bad english. Actually i speak only hindi. I m just curious.
lol...
it is possible to make an emu without using the bios (just check out those than doesn't needed, one that could be at the side of this one is Dolphin, AFAIK it doesn't need it) but it is better to use the bios to avoid legal problems
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
I am curious how Dolphin has gotten away with their software. You don't need either a Wii OR a Gamecube to run any part of the emulator.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-09-2009, 11:16 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: I am curious how Dolphin has gotten away with their software. You don't need either a Wii OR a Gamecube to run any part of the emulator.

You know...you're not the first one to notice it...HuhHuh
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
Hm I do recall Dolphin needing a gamecube file to actually work,they removed that then?
In any case,you can emulate bios in HLE or LLE although the attempts with PCSX2 didn't go so well,plus the legal problems that might cause aren't worth it.
Nintendo is not as aggressive as Sony on these matters,as it has been proven in the past with other emulators. Sony is the only one who has actually sued and shut down emulators afaik
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-09-2009, 11:22 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hm I do recall Dolphin needing a gamecube file to actually work,they removed that then?
In any case,you can emulate bios in HLE or LLE although the attempts with PCSX2 didn't go so well,plus the legal problems that might cause aren't worth it.
Nintendo is not as aggressive as Sony on these matters,as it has been proven in the past with other emulators. Sony is the only one who has actually sued and shut down emulators afaik

And we really don't wanna see this wonderfull emulator going down now do we =P
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
(07-09-2009, 11:16 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: I am curious how Dolphin has gotten away with their software. You don't need either a Wii OR a Gamecube to run any part of the emulator.

right u are.If dolphin is illegal how can they stay.but it seems
that emu without bios is so much complicated w.r.t laws.