[blog] Benchmarking Multithreaded PCSX2
even if GS set to use 6 threads it using only 1 of 6 cores
<<< [AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.6 GHz][ASUS GTX275][HDD 5TB][8Gb RAM] WinXP (x86) & Win7 (x64) >>>

Sponsored links

Cores and treads aren't the same.I wasn't talking about cores.But nevermind.
Putting the VU1 on the GS thread was an idea pioneered by Zerofrog briefly, I think -- iirc he mentioned it in his blog as well. He never got around to doing it, though, and I doubt he would have been met with any success if he had. Bottlenecks ont he GS thread are already too common, so the VU1 really needs to be moved to its own thread altogether.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
i want to ask
after you release final version of 0.9.7 (not beta) is there any possibility that the next project is to make it compilable with Multithreaded (more than two)?
the emulator seems used 2 core
I is not how much change 4 cores
he seems to have with good dual
i5 750 4.3 ghz
noctua nh-d14
toxic 5850 x 2
asus sabertooth
2x2 gb ddr3 g-skill pc 12800
corsair 650 tx
seagate 1 tb raid 0
(12-30-2010, 08:55 AM)cloud50 Wrote: the emulator seems used 2 core
I is not how much change 4 cores
he seems to have with good dual

it isnt a case of just changing a number, everytime we add a new thread to a seperate core, it takes a LOT of coding. You have to design the thread for it to be contained in, code to prioritise and time that thread so it doesnt go out of sync, youre talking weeks to get it right.

We recently modified how the GS thread works, in order to do so we had to create a seperate branch of the code, then took a few weeks to actually modify it. This was with an existing codebase to work off, so it isn't an easy job!

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Attempts at threading out more stuff are occasionally made.
So far nothing has worked the way we wanted (or at all Tongue2 ).

I'm interested in a threaded IOP + SPU2. Maybe in 2011 Wink
What has changed in GS thread? It never reached 70%,exept in Soul Calibur 3 as far as I know.
The way the data was transferred has been completely redone.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

my cpu stays below 20% on calls lucifer but what matters is how many ghz

[Image: 16655457.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but it is true that improved the cpu controlled improved stability by setting it right .... ee I have become more stable but it still has very slight lag from the time
i5 750 4.3 ghz
noctua nh-d14
toxic 5850 x 2
asus sabertooth
2x2 gb ddr3 g-skill pc 12800
corsair 650 tx
seagate 1 tb raid 0