[blog] Why MSI sucks...
The only place I'ver ever come across that has paid for the shipping themselves is motherboardpro.com.
That's because as soon as they sent me a board they had sent me the wrong one.
Being that it was a used board, and a rare one at that I was pretty ticked, but I was polite in the email regardless.

It was pretty cool that they crosship my actual board and paid for fedex to come pick up the previous one they sent.

Though I don't think that company wil be around for to long, they haven't updated there site in months.
Shame too, I'de reccomend them if they were still keeping up with the newest boards.

As for msi, they ok as a generic brand, like evga, both are generic's.
I swear that I posted this before...
But gigabyte and xfx are the ones that have bios'es with custom timings to get higher mem clocks.
I haven't seen any other company do that.

While other may claim they have a special overclocking edition card, they are nothing but generic pcb's with generic bios'es.
They overclock the exact same as any other generic brand.

With gigabyte and xfx being the ONLY exceptions.
And it's been that way at least since the geforce 6 generation.

Oh there is one more brand, gainward.
Though not as good as gigabyte at least.
But they do custom bios'es.
However, I don't reccomend them.
There golden samples are bs, I have the 6800gt golden sample.
The core isn't stable "default oc'ed" speed (bios speeds, came with).
Plus they don't answer emails from any of there main offices.

That's nvidia card wise.
My 1st choice would be gigabyte or a generic brand and a flash to the best of what gigabyte has of that generation.

As for ati, I have no idea what is the best brand.
I would suppose built by ati.
But that would be a guess.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM

Sponsored links

I apologize for that happening to you, Air.

Did you file complaints with the various agencies (BBB, consumer reports) so that will be on MSI's record?
This was over 3 years ago...
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

MSI doesn't suck in the least, they're just outclassed by most companies. Yes, MSI GPU's are absolutely downright amazing, just look at the 6970/580 Lightnings. My 790FX-GD70 took my horrible chip to 3.8, my 785 can't get stable at any voltage above 3.3Ghz, it's a hit and miss. Lately though, MSI is really coming into the motherboard scene with very good models.

This is like saying AMD sucks. They don't, getting a driver to work with a card is hit and miss, but scaling is awesome and they are cheaper then their Nvidia counterparts.
Did you sign up to here and reply to this just so you could put links to your blog which are COMPLETELY unrelated? Have a warning for spamming, if i catch you doing it again, i will ban you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]