blurry graphics when playing Disgaea 2: cursed memories
whenever i open the menu or there is a cutscene the screen suddenly turns blurry...i've tried all of the interlacing modes to no avail...here is my settings...
[Image: rx0Jt0u.jpg]

Sponsored links

Make sure texture filtering is fully ticked, turn off the FX shader, ansiotropic filtering and FXAA and give it another go. If you want the textures raw you can turn texture filtering off and youll get it how the ps2 gets it directly then.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-13-2015, 03:42 PM)refraction Wrote: Make sure texture filtering is fully ticked, turn off the FX shader, ansiotropic filtering and FXAA and give it another go. If you want the textures raw you can turn texture filtering off and youll get it how the ps2 gets it directly then.

its still the same...here are some screenshots...

normal:
[Image: ngEmTkz.jpg]

when menu is opened or when there is a cutscene:
[Image: qDkvlbb.jpg]
Does it only happen on Disgaea? or do you have other examples? Im just wondering if its an effect of the game to make it lose focus from the main game. Seems very odd.

hmm...yeah it only happens in disgaea 2: cursed memories...but i've seen threads about this...they seem to make it work but when i try their configurations it doesn't work for me...
The blur is a part of the game though, I guess you could remove it using some cheat codes.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
If it does it with gsdx in software mode, it's definitely part of the game Smile

(05-13-2015, 04:16 PM)refraction Wrote: If it does it with gsdx in software mode, it's definitely part of the game Smile

you do realize that there are lot of games suffering from graphical glitches also in software mode, right ? Tongue2

Software mode is not exactly accurate to the PS2 display on most games though, if you were just mentioning it for this game then, it might be right.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
software mode is accurate as far as im aware, if that is still wrong, the likelyhood is it's PCSX2 sending it the wrong information Smile

Finding another topic, apparently this pnach code should remove the blur:

Code:
// Blur Fix everywhere
patch=1,EE,20453F5B,extended,00FFFFFF

// Blur Fix everywhere (Alternative)
/patch=1,EE,20453F59,extended,00FFFFFF

Needs testing though. I don't have the game around atm, someone confirm. Try the alt code if the first one doesn't work.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)