boxes on sprites(faces) made screenshots
EDIT4: If this is possible dont even read this long post of mine, just answer this, Can i have 2 presets of hardware mode? Like pressing F9 changes between hardware and software modes. So for example pressing F10 would change between my hardware presets.

Ok so you guyz probably read about this bug a thousand times by now, but still here goes. This is a rather big problem for most jrpgs.

hardware mode + texture filtering - http://i.imgur.com/9M8hMnX.jpg

hardware mode offers x3 native with no lag but boxes / lines on map and sprites(faces)

Hardware mode no texture filtering - http://i.imgur.com/cxdwlQy.jpg

with no texture filtering, the lines are harder to notice and lines on the actual map/terrain disappear but the menu, reading, sprite quality goes down.

software mode - http://i.imgur.com/TD9vCOi.jpg

in software mode there are no lines on the faces and the terrain, menu quality is good. Why not play in software mode? - lag, native graphics.

thus the question how can i have the faces of software mode (they dont have the boxes around moving parts of a sprite) ?

is there a hardware fix/ patch or something?

note - enabling hw hacks - half pixel offsent and or sprite does not do anything.

Specs - 7200 rpm 1 tb harddrive, intel core 2 quad 2.66 ghz, assus radeon hd 7750 1gb gddr5, Ram 4gb ddr2, windows 7 64 bit, pcsx2 versio - from 0.96 to 1.21.

EDIT: discovery - allowing 8 bit textures removed the terrain boxes/lines.
EDIT2: would love to see a patch/hack for this problem in growlanser heritage of war
EDIT3: ok i found software mode level quality on hardware mode -native- -half texture filter- -allow 8 bit textures-
Is there any possible way to make pcsx2 hardware mode while -native- is on to only render/upscale character models, NOTE turning on hardware hacks and increasing MSAA causes the boxes to come back and does next to nothing in up scaling the models.

Sponsored links

Did you try the GSdx TC offset hack?

Other than that, not much you can do. Rendering 2D elements on higher resolutions is bound to cause problems like this
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-28-2014, 02:49 PM)Bositman Wrote: Other than that, not much you can do. Rendering 2D elements on higher resolutions is bound to cause problems like this

its not about the rendering in higher resolution, i can go on hardware -native- and still the lines stay.
how awesome would it be if there was a hybrid renderrer, it could let the gpu render the up scaled models, while letting the cpu handle the rest.
bump bumpty bump
(02-28-2014, 03:22 PM)123g1s Wrote: its not about the rendering in higher resolution, i can go on hardware -native- and still the lines stay.

It is about the higher resolution.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(03-01-2014, 12:01 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: It is about the higher resolution.
(02-28-2014, 03:22 PM)123g1s Wrote: i can go on hardware -native- and still the lines stay.

i dont understand how can it be the resolution, you cant x2 native an image because its an image, you cant render it in better quality, unlike the models which are vectors.

i will slightly give in, the emulator tries to filter/rescale the main image (the entire face, body one) (why? i dont know) but it leaves out (or miss places) the other images that are for animation. example: eyes blinking. (this problem is in hardware mode)

i would play in software mode but i have rather big lag.
If it works in Software mode chances are good that it will work in Hardware Mode at Native resolution too.
Keep in mind that Software Mode also changes Texture filtering. Try HW+Native and play around with the filtering modes. Different combinations of the Sprites/WildArmsOffset hacks (Gsdx -> Enable HW hacks) might help too.
(03-01-2014, 06:45 PM)Grove4L Wrote: If it works in Software mode chances are good that it will work in Hardware Mode at Native resolution too.
Keep in mind that Software Mode also changes Texture filtering. Try HW+Native and play around with the filtering modes. Different combinations of the Sprites/WildArmsOffset hacks (Gsdx -> Enable HW hacks) might help too.

sadly hw hacks only offset the image to the left or to the top, while i need an offset to both left and right, up and down, to fit the image.

But i found something good - meniu, sprites, images all software level quality and no lines in hardware mode, with: -native- -half texture filter- and -allow 8bit textures. (basically i found software mode without lag)

Now is there any possible way to make the emulator only render/upscale the models? il play around with this for now.
It's sad it has no solution. :/