breakpoint in fatal frame III
i used pcsx2 0.9.7 version (r3113) to play fatal frame III, breakpoint occurred at hour V, what's happened?

[Image: pcsx2breakpoint.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"The exception Breakpoint.
A breakpoint has been reached.
(0x80000003) occurred in application at location 0x004279a3.

Click on OK to terminate the program.
Click on CANCEL to debug the program. "

*Attached log file.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 56,57 KB / Downloads: 229)

Sponsored links

Try setting both clamping mode (EEand VU) to Full.
(05-17-2011, 11:26 AM)AcidRains Wrote: Try setting both clamping mode (EEand VU) to Full.

same error too...
Try to change 0xCC (INT3 (breakpoint opcode)) to 0x90(NOP) at the address on the message box. joke! xD
Have you tried to run the game on the latest PCSX2 version 0.9.8 r4600?
The only problem i've encountered for this game is IOP x2 rate hack shouldn't been activated.
And yes maybe you should try the latest 0.9.8 coz the iop x2 is no more there.
(05-17-2011, 11:52 AM)_DTG_ Wrote: Try to change 0xCC (INT3 (breakpoint opcode)) to 0x90(NOP) at the address on the message box. joke! xD
Have you tried to run the game on the latest PCSX2 version 0.9.8 r4600?

yes, can run this game by pcsx2 0.9.8version..but i can't load it which is the save file of pcsx2 0.9.7version, shown "selected savestate slot 1, savestate slot 1 is empty"...means i need start over again?
Yeah it is known problem, savestates from older versions don't work on newer versions.
Well, I can suggest you to do these steps:
- install PCSX2 0.9.7 again.
- load the savestate.
- save the game to memory card using the game menu (or whatever).
- Install PCSX2 0.9.8.
- load the game from memory card.
_DTG_ is right and this should be a warning about relying only on sstates, they cannot be granted to work even in between builds, let alone versions of the emulator.

More yet, any corruption (whatever the cause) is recorded in the sstate, so they always return when it is loaded and tend to accumulate. Memcards tend to remove corruptions since it does not rely on the memory content (as sstate does) and, instead, reconstruct the game from the disc image. By itself a good reason to, periodically at least, do a new memcard save, quit the emulator, restart and load the game from the memcard and creating a new, fresh sstate cleanest as possible.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-17-2011, 03:36 PM)_DTG_ Wrote: Yeah it is known problem, savestates from older versions don't work on newer versions.
Well, I can suggest you to do these steps:
- install PCSX2 0.9.7 again.
- load the savestate.
- save the game to memory card using the game menu (or whatever).
- Install PCSX2 0.9.8.
- load the game from memory card.

thanks a lot Smile It's work...no more breakpoint.
(05-17-2011, 03:49 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: _DTG_ is right and this should be a warning about relying only on sstates, they cannot be granted to work even in between builds, let alone versions of the emulator.

More yet, any corruption (whatever the cause) is recorded in the sstate, so they always return when it is loaded and tend to accumulate. Memcards tend to remove corruptions since it does not rely on the memory content (as sstate does) and, instead, reconstruct the game from the disc image. By itself a good reason to, periodically at least, do a new memcard save, quit the emulator, restart and load the game from the memcard and creating a new, fresh sstate cleanest as possible.

I see. Thanks a lot Smile