bsod while running/playing PCSX2
(01-15-2013, 08:50 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Look at the Windows System Log, accessible from Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. From this last window look it at Logs.

You'll need to provide Administrative password to view the log if UAC is set on.

PS: Filter the log (you can do it at the right side) so to show only error and Critical.

Take not of the Event ID to those red messages. You can find the meaning of the IDs on the Internet, bring them here if having difficulty to understand what they mean.

That was the first thing I did. The only log that appeared was a kernel critical shutdown (that happened cause of the bsod). Since it didn't provide any useful information I searched around and found the dump file was a good resource to find what happened.

Anyway, I moved the game to an internal hdd and I'm going to test it now.

Sponsored links

Still happened after I moved to the internal hdd :s

I did everything in the list
Would be a good idea to download coretemp and check what your cpu temperature is while using pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Can you try the other things I said also?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-16-2013, 10:07 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Would be a good idea to download coretemp and check what your cpu temperature is while using pcsx2

CPU temp is never above 40ºc
I have an asus sabertooth motherboard and 5 fans overall in the box. The box also displays the temps at all time and it never went above 50º in its whole life.

I did everything including looking for errors in the hdd.

If it helps, right before it bsod's, the game makes a squeaky noise, like a grind of some sorts. Could it have something to do with the audio driver?
Also, I had just alt tabbed to watch a youtube vid then when I alt tabbed again to pcsx2 it happened.
I doubt it's your audio driver, the paging error is caused by ataport.sys which is related to the ide/sata interface, so its either the hard disk or cd drive causing the problem.

to confirm this isn't a consistant problem, can you post more minidumps? If the error keeps changing then something else is going on.

My bad, just checked and the mini dump I sent you is from 19-10-2011.

Somehow, windows isn't saving the dumps, even though it says so when it crashes. Any solution to this? Wacko

Think i got it. Changed the settings from kernel image for mini dump in the system settings. Gotta go crash my computer again now xD
you also might need to have your pagefile on your C drive, if you havent ;p

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/sol...=208280684

I had HD issues not long ago (refration may recall the comments here in the forum) and the workload that was to huntdown some nasty malwares the normal hunters could not find and cure.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I've already asked him to run that ;p
(01-15-2013, 07:28 PM)ChikCen Wrote: I ran the TDSSKiller and malware bytes and it found nothing.

Also, uninstalled comodo.