bug report final fantasy 10 sces 50491 I move the character right is left
big thanks is work problem solved

please could have added this information to repair the bug this website as soon as possible please called me answering here when done

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Final_Fantasy_X

(12-14-2012, 05:17 AM)Livy Wrote: The reverse control issue only happens on the room next to the airship deck. It presents on both NTSC-U and International versions, and maybe others as well.

To fix it, set the VUs Clamping Mode to "Extra + Preserve Sign". I don't remember exactly it was VUs or EE/IOP Clamping Mode or both. It has been quite a long time since I played the game.

Edit: Found it. If you're playing NTSC-U version, change VUs Clamping Mode. Else if you're playing International version, change EE/IOP Clamping mode (to Full).

not made ​​in this is really a bug because when I had the game on ps2 it's not real that when I move it to the left it goes right

(12-14-2012, 03:34 AM)miseru99 Wrote: I think there was a puzzle room in FFX which switched controls - soo yeah, not an emulation bug - just an awfully cheap way to increase difficulty/confuse player, I think same stuff was added in some other FF games as well(ff7? not sure now;p).

I'm going to sony informed if it is possible to have a very complete manual on the chip used on the ps2 but I do not know if he will agree with me sent this email

(12-14-2012, 04:58 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: As Livy said, it is "repaired" already... the issue is caused by non compliant to standard modes from PS2. For that reason the clamp modes are supplied but can't be universalized yet.

Those clamping modes bring performance hit and as such should not be active for all games or all situations.

The best and quicker solution is asking Sony if they, graciously, would provide the devs with detailed documentation on the several chips used in PS2 and such... you could try it Smile

no it must be a bug for me when I had it on ps2 reel it worked perfectly

(12-17-2012, 09:36 PM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: That actually happened to me when I played FFX on an actual PS2. It's only a small part (really really small) of the game so it didn't bother me.

my add is pcsx2 wiki bug for repair

Sponsored links

I did not have this issue when I played the International version on my PS2.
I do not remember if I had this problem or not

(12-20-2012, 03:18 AM)Livy Wrote: I did not have this issue when I played the International version on my PS2.
This bug occured in the first versions (Ntsc-j, Ntsc-u)
When the game finally arrived to Europe, it had been corrected.
Then the european edition has been portes to the other ntsc ones, giving thus birth to the "international version".
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
@michellefland

Yes, it's a bug but has already a workaround, just put the clamp mode at "full" to get rid of it, as said before it is caused by bad compliance with the standards from PS2.

PS: I'm not sure if was clear. I mean, it will be fine on PS2 but "PC", not the emulator in this case, have trouble dealing with denormal numbers and will try approximations the best possible under the standards... it is a time consuming and performance hit process. PS2 uses a proprietary and closed "standard" of it's own (hence the "joke" about asking them to disclosure it... well, you said you emailed them Smile ).

This is very complex matter, many standards were created for floating point operations. If want to understand what is all that mess, search for the IEEE 754 standard and the variations to deal with floating point arithmetic.
Imagination is where we are truly real
yes big thanks is work games fine

(12-20-2012, 03:02 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: @michellefland

Yes, it's a bug but has already a workaround, just put the clamp mode at "full" to get rid of it, as said before it is caused by bad compliance with the standards from PS2.
(12-14-2012, 04:58 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The best and quicker solution is asking Sony if they, graciously, would provide the devs with detailed documentation on the several chips used in PS2 and such... you could try it Smile
Sony is searching people to hire for PS2 emulation on their site, what makes you think they would give those documents to public when you have to sign an agreement to not reveal the internalsof those documents before working on such project? (I'm actually trying to make Sony look retarded, not you, it's a sarcasm)
Please you have website put this source of info here

(12-20-2012, 05:29 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Sony is searching people to hire for PS2 emulation on their site, what makes you think they would give those documents to public when you have to sign an agreement to not reveal the internalsof those documents before working on such project? (I'm actually trying to make Sony look retarded, not you, it's a sarcasm)
(12-20-2012, 05:29 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Sony is searching people to hire for PS2 emulation on their site, what makes you think they would give those documents to public when you have to sign an agreement to not reveal the internalsof those documents before working on such project? (I'm actually trying to make Sony look retarded, not you, it's a sarcasm)

Wait, do you think I believe they would give up that documentation? Smile

the irony was lost there Laugh

PS: Sony is all but retarded... it is studying you and me and everybody else for a much larger project. On the other hand I'm not sure Sony just want to put down PCSX2, I'd rather believe the talent from the people developing the emulator is seen as an asset by it.

PPS: But yes, that could mean the end for PCSX2. The proverbial two rabbits with a single smash...
Imagination is where we are truly real
Setting the clamp to full I think also fixes the characters facing backwards during certain boss battles. The Yunalesca battle is very interesting with her backwards, especially in her final form.