can i play games? Read* for my spec
bositman Wrote:who sells these things this time and age anyway??

Some fools at EBAY may sell an old aged hardware Tongue2.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]

Sponsored links

wanna kidding me? don't buy that old crap, you won't have much fun with that.
Save your money for a decent system that can play most games at reasonable speed.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

ok i found this board

cpu's
LGA 775 for Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme / Core™ 2 Quad / Core™ 2 Duo / Pentium® Dual Core / Celeron®, supporting Penryn Quad Core Yorkfield and Dual Core Wolfdale processors
- Compatible with all FSB1600*/1333/1066/800MHz CPUs
- Supports Hyper-Threading Technology
- Supports Untied Overclocking Technology
- Supports EM64T CPU

RAM
- Dual Channel DDR3/DDR2 memory technology*
- 2 x DDR3 DIMM slots
- Supports DDR3 1333/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Max. capacity: 4GB**
- 4 x DDR2 DIMM slots
- Supports DDR2 1066/800/667 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Max. capacity: 16GB**
DDR3 and DDR2 are supported separately.

**Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® XP and Windows® Vista™. For Windows® XP 64-bit and Windows® Vista™ 64-bit with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.

video card slots
- Supports ATI™ CrossFire™
- 2 x PCI-E x16 slots (white @ x16 mode, purple @ x4 mode)
- 3 x PCI slots

and 6 sata

should i get this motherboard?

If it costs like 50$ since the LGA775 socket is long dead these days Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
47.98$ shipped should i? i see those spec good...

mobo name
ASRock 4Core
If you are short of cash then get it. A Core 2 Duo on this mobo should be able to runs most games fine, although the Core 2 brand was discontinued late 2010, as Bositman said. It is recommeded to get a Sandy Bridge processor and a supported mobo instead, even a Pentium, if you can affort to.
ok ill buy it and about sandy bridge i cant affort that cpu now (140$ and up?) (when i get a job i will) but for nowim staying whit this one...
You should just link what you found, or mention the mobo's specific model.
Then all the info could be viewed (via Google). Wink
(EDIT: I find this when searching "ASRock 4core". Can't be right.)

If going with a Core 2 processor, just make sure you're gonna be taking OCing it seriously (i.e. aftermarket cooler). If not, you may be better off with a lower clocked Sandy Bridge based processor, which will be on a board that could support some of the better processors out now as a simple and cheaper future upgrade. Not to mention that Intel's next processors (Ivy Bridge) would work in that mobo.

Simply put: A Sandy Bridge based CPU @ 3.0Ghz (G860 for $99) is a close equivalent of older Core 2 and Phenom II processors at around the height of there highest overclocks. This, again, without the need for extra cooling (save $$$$).
I've surfed several local stores in my city and found that the old Core 2 Duo is even more expensive than the new Sandy Bridge Pentium G. A Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 Ghz costs $130 while a Pentium G840 @ 2.8 Ghz costs $90. WTF? Are they mad? Or they're expecting some noobs go buy those Core 2 CPUs at that price Laugh?

You should consider the Pentium G840 if it is cheaper than the C2D in your region, kenneth1800. Besides, the integrated Intel HD 3000 will save you $100 from a entry level graphic card if you take the Sandy Bridge instead of the C2D.
Damn.
I had a chance of getting my hand on one of those then I stopped don't know why and got the one m using now :X

On-Topic:
The Pentium G840 is the "best" choice for you.Heck I believe it would beat my Pentium DualCore rightnow in performance.
Also if you want you could buy an Nvidia graphic card from the Geforce9xxx series.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86