can i play games? Read* for my spec
right now i have 2 gb ram ddr
cpu amd sempron 3100+ 1.8 ghz

video card nvidia gforce 5600 256 mb

window xp home edition

when i try to play kingdom heart 1 everything start fine (logos,menu,intro)then when the game start i get lag...i can move the character and everything but lagging...

soo i said lets upgrade everything...

i just bought a motherboard for 4gb ram

and im planning to buy an intel pentium 4 3.40 ghz 1mb l2 cache
(Intel Pentium 4 Processor 550 1M Cache, 3.40 GHz 800 MHz FSB Socket 478 SL7E6) wish is compatible whit the mobo i bought

and a 512 mb video card.

4gb ram cpu intel pentium 4 3.40 ghz and a 512 mb video card...AGP x8

later later later ima switch to a good motherboard for atleast 8gb ram ddr2 or 3 cpu i dunno and 1g video card whit pci express ( because the two motherboards i have right now they only accept pci and agp)

thx!! =)

Sponsored links

or if you know a cheap, good motherboard tell me.. around 40$? i buy on (ebAY)
No No It costs money because it's an antique, not something Pcsx2 will make much use of. The Pentium 4 I mean :|

Edit: Seriously the money your spending on the retroware is gonna be wasted by next year :\ (if not already).
Value for money go for something newer and better(not top of the range, even cheaper i3's will storm past that P4 for value for money; especially with Pcsx2).
<REDACTED>
In fact even forget needing to get an i3, for KH which is on the light side you could probably do with a core 2 duo 2.2Ghz >> Also the GPU will need to be something AT LEAST 8400 GS for Native I believe.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about KH with regards to the GPU. It's always been the CPU thats been the bottleneck for me so I don't know much about the GPU side for low-end requirements.
<REDACTED>
im getting that cpu for 29$ wish is the higher my motherboard can support

but can i play whit that spec?

4gb ram intel pentium 4 3.40 ghz and a 512 mb video card agpx8? and and the hard disk 160gb sata
___________________________________________________________________________________
also if you think im gonna waste my money tell me a good motherboard first wish support a good cpu and pci express? not motherboards or cpu around 70 and 100 $ <-< im just 14 years old and i dont have much money..i got what i have right now wish is (100$) working hard and im gonna sell my ps3 for a ipod touch
You need to spend at least $500 for a PC with a core i3 to run PCSX2 at a resonable speed. If you still don't have sufficient funds, you can consider a Pentium alternative, but a Pentium G (Sandy Bridge), not a Pentium 4.

About the video card, get the second number at least 4 if you choose GeForce (i.e: GT 240, GT 540) or 6 if you choose Radeon HD (i.e: HD 5670, HD 6670). All video cards are PCI Express x16 these days. It is faster than the old AGP 8x, which is only found in old motherboards from 2005.

You may not affort to but it is what you need for PCSX2. You can barely play any game with the Pentium 4. I doubt if less demanding games like FFX or Kingdom Hearts runs at full speed on your PC.
This thread was dedicated for what is your question > http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
About gpu at least take 128 bit ddr3 aka 8600gt or HD 4650 but the newest generation gpu for 2011 year is better than previous one.

Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
sooo you guys know a good motherboard? i have to start from there..pci express sata ddr3 ram?
At least step up to a Core 2 series, anything below that is a total waste of money. Upgrading to a P4 will probably give you 3-8 fps more over your current setup? I wouldn't even consider that an upgrade Wink
Really DONT buy a Pentium 4...who sells these things this time and age anyway?? Just get a cheap Corei series or some even cheaper AMD if you're short on cash, they will all put the P4 to shame.
[Image: newsig.jpg]